veiled on the ground

so I already have a mother in law tongue plant. i'm reading about plants online. says they are safe for chams. I want to check in with yall first to make sure these are safe to put in her tank

so I already have a mother in law tongue plant. i'm reading about plants online. says they are safe for chams. I want to check in with yall first to make sure these are safe to put in her tank
Fl Chams has a chameleon safe plant list on their website, give me a second, and I’ll link it!

This is actually really really sad and you should be ashamed of yourself youre gonna kill that poor chameleon and its sickening you wont turn it over to someone else for better care not only is your husbandry the complete opposite of right your “upgrade” to a 55 gallon is no better this isnt a snake where you can just throw in some bedding and hide and one light and theyre fine forever, i promise you im not tryna be a **** but its very upsetting to see this why would you buy it in the first place if you dont wanna spend the money... ill post a picture of the bare minimum for a full grown chameleon, please take into consideration this is reptile that needs a lot of care everyday mistings 4-5 times atleast they need a lot of high ground not stuff thrown on the floor lol. Dubia roaches,crickets horn worms, silk worm all great feeders. But seriously if you cant take care of the poor thing give it back im pretty sure petco would atleast take it or some sort of animal clinic.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually really really sad and you should be ashamed of yourself youre gonna kill that poor chameleon and its sickening you wont turn it over to someone else for better care not only is your husbandry the complete opposite of right your “upgrade” to a 55 gallon is no better this isnt a snake where you can just throw in some bedding and hide and one light and theyre fine forever, i promise you im not tryna be a dick but its very upsetting to see this why would you buy it in the first place if you dont wanna spend the money... ill post a picture of the bare minimum for a full grown chameleon, please take into consideration this is reptile that needs a lot of care everyday mistings 4-5 times atleast they need a lot of high ground not stuff thrown on the floor lol. Dubia roaches,crickets horn worms, silk worm all great feeders. But seriously if you cant take care of the poor thing give it back im pretty sure petco would atleast take it or some sort of animal clinic.

Attachments

• 48522CCF-6223-4067-A71D-84A80C00EEAF.png
    48522CCF-6223-4067-A71D-84A80C00EEAF.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 196
Like I've been stating. I'm going to the pet store today to get more stuff. I was obviously not aware of some of the stuff I needed. Yes you're being a ****. I'm educating myself so I can fix this problem. The care sheet I originally read said a window would be fine for uvb. And it also said I needed finely shaved coconut bedding. Obviously it was wrong.

I'll never understand why people put other people down. Tell me how to fix these problems. Don't tell me to give it back. I've had many reptiles in my life. I even had a Pygmy Cham before. It was fine for him for 3 years! I gave him away to a friend that had always wanted a Cham.

I had no idea I need spend thousands of dollars on stuff. How would I? I am in no shape or form ashamed of myself. I love all animals and I will get her home right.

I really didn't want to go into my personal life but since im being put down for not spending money I will. right after we got her, I found out one of my pitbulls has spindle cell sarcoma. CANCER!! over $1,000 later, her cancer is removed and shes doing better.

You dont need a cage... if you have a safe room. Theres free range set ups you can look into... just requiere plants and vines... but definitely #1 need is the uvb bulb. It needs it to survive.

I just bought calcium with d3, calcium without d3, multivitamin, hanging food dish, and a 6 ft vine on amazon. sadly it says at least 8 days to get here. but if my husband ever wakes up :p i'm going to get the uv light today. I have a small storage bin that I am going to use for gut loading crickets. i'm also going to look at the screen tanks. i'm going to go to home depot also and see if they have any dwarf umbrella plants. I've read yes and no on the mother in law tongue so I'm not going to risk it. i'm going to find some more sticks too. I have a big oak tree in my side yard. i'm sure theres plenty over there.

I honestly don't think people are trying to be *****. It's just that so much of the info you were given to get started is wrong. Its SO wrong that its appalling. That being said, I realize you had no way of knowing you were given bad info. I am so glad you found us, as people here will surely get you on the right track. It won't always be what you want to hear, but it will be honest and accurate, information. Good luck with your cham!

For you to start turning things around you need to get.

Screen cage female needs 18x18x36:
Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Open Air Screen Cage, Large, 18 x 18 x 36-Inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027J0VZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_WsbJBbZ337H5A

UVB light this one comes with a bulb:
Zoo Med 26053 Reptisun T5-Ho Terrarium Hood, 24" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CtbJBb5ZVQJ5T

Will also need at least:
Hand mister if you cannot afford auto
Thermometer and hygrometer
Heat bulb any 65w house flood should be fine
Branches for climbing
Lay box

I know a lot of people are giving you a hard time but they are just passionate. Keep updating here as you change things and prove to them your listening and I'm sure they will be nicer. We get a lot of people who ask for help then tell us we are wrong and leave.

You can do this just takes money. Time your a little short on since it's already walking the bottom.

I honestly don't think people are trying to be *****. It's just that so much of the info you were given to get started is wrong. Its SO wrong that its appalling. That being said, I realize you had no way of knowing you were given bad info. I am so glad you found us, as people here will surely get you on the right track. It won't always be what you want to hear, but it will be honest and accurate, information. Good luck with your cham!

Nobody, im sure, truely means any offence. Its just a shame when the people selling them give out wrong possibly deadly misinformation. And its frustrating to them.

Amazon is pretty good im sure youll recieve that stuff sooner rather than later.

Got her a new tank. Some new sticks. I will get more sticks for her. Got a plant from Home Depot. It's a Dracaena Fragrans. It was on the approved list. I'm currently goat loading crickets. I have zero money left. But I hope this is much better. I have the uvb and heat lamp for her. I bought a chameleon kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 211
Great start and this will go a long way. Next move the sticks to differnt levels so that she can thermoregulate and have a fun super highway to walk around on. Make sure there is a basking area about 8in under the heat lamp for her to warm herself.

Later down the road just swap the UVB for a T5 and you are on your way. There will still need to be tweeks (hell I'm still tweeking things hah) to get to as best as you can.

I am proud of you for not sitting on this and getting it done. This will go a long way. I am very sorry to hear about your money troubles and truly hope it works out. She is a cute little Cham.

Nice! You should try to get those vines/branches up near the top of the enclosure, and possibly get the plant up towards the top as well.

Sounds awesome! Thank y'all so much! I will get longer branches. I put some crickets in there for her. Ive got the rest on the way to gut loading. The vines will be be easier when I get my amazon order in. Thank you for everyone who helped me so much! I'll get this right :)

She is back down on the floor again. I hope she's adjusting to her new surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom