veiled on the ground

Chameleons are not pets. They are a hobby, an expensive one. Chameleons can not be kept successfully in an aquarium, doesn’t matter if it’s 10 gal or 100. They capture far too much stale air and humidity. Chams are aborieal animals they need air flow.

Pull all substrate.

Add the sticks other members mentioned.

If you have no UVB light put the tank outside for a few hours in the sun. A few hours of direct unfiltered sunlight is equal to a day under a UVB bulb. Be careful when doing this as an aquarium will heat up quickly and trap the heat, don’t let it get above 100 for any amount of time.

Chameleons require two types of calcium and one multivitamin. You need one calcium without D3, this should be put on every feeder given to her. Then she needs a calcium with D3 given to her twice a month in place of the first calcium. She also needs her feeders dusted with a multivitamin once every two weeks.

Gutloading your feeders is mandatory, not optional. I recommend Cricket Crack. Super worms are a treat not a staple feeder. Try Dubai, they offer a broader range of nutrients than crickets.

Chameleons are not pets. They are a hobby, an expensive one. Chameleons can not be kept successfully in an aquarium, doesn’t matter if it’s 10 gal or 100. They capture far too much stale air and humidity. Chams are aborieal animals they need air flow.

Pull all substrate.

Add the sticks other members mentioned.

If you have no UVB light put the tank outside for a few hours in the sun. A few hours of direct unfiltered sunlight is equal to a day under a UVB bulb. Be careful when doing this as an aquarium will heat up quickly and trap the heat, don’t let it get above 100 for any amount of time.

Chameleons require two types of calcium and one multivitamin. You need one calcium without D3, this should be put on every feeder given to her. Then she needs a calcium with D3 given to her twice a month in place of the first calcium. She also needs her feeders dusted with a multivitamin once every two weeks.

Gutloading your feeders is mandatory, not optional. I recommend Cricket Crack. Super worms are a treat not a staple feeder. Try Dubai, they offer a broader range of nutrients than crickets.

thank you for the advice!! what is dubai. I just googled it, only brought up the place. I will get the supplements also

Right now your priorities, in order should be:
thank you, I found it. ive never seen those before. idk if Petco has them. but I will look and/or ask when I go tomorrow
Forget Petco for feeders. EBay has every feeder you’ve never heard of in every size and quantity. There is a reason half the feeders are already dead when you buy them off the shelf from Petco.

Messed that last post up... Right now your priorities, in order, should be:
UVB light
Correct supplements
Screen viv
Branches
Gutload/feeders

Since you can’t get a new screen viv for her anytime soon you need to move her tank to somewhere as high off the ground as you can. To a Cham, height and a good plant to hide in = security.

i'll have to figure out how to keep the crickets etc in some kind of tank to feed them veggies and stuff. that is going to take some planning

i'll have to figure out to keep the crickets etc in some kind of tank to feed them veggies and stuff. that is going to take some planning
There’s cricket keepers (basically a plastic animal carrier container with plastic tubes in the sides) or you could just take a big storage bin and cut out ventilation holes and hot glue mesh over them, amongst others. Google/YouTube/etc. feeder cricket or feeder insect care

There’s cricket keepers (basically a plastic animal carrier container with plastic tubes in the sides) or you could just take a big storage bin and cut out ventilation holes and hot glue mesh over them, amongst others. Google/YouTube/etc. feeder cricket or feeder insect care

very good ideas

Using a window for UVB doesn’t work. Glass filters out ALL measurable UVB. Do not buy anything from Petco...ever. They overprice everything. Look on Amazon, much better deals there.

One word on petco, if you end up there, a LOT of their items online are much cheaper than in-store. same goes for Petsmart. They will match those prices. We once got a $129 aquarium stand for $54. $36 bulbs were $18 online. Check everything, except maybe feeders.

Price match all your essentials so you get them right away, then order everything else off of reptile supply company

I refuse to ever shop at petsmart because they ban pitbulls from their dog parties. I would buy online, but I need this stuff now. i'll buy the essentials I need for her at Petco. then look at the other stuff online. im waiting for my husband to wake up, then we will go to town and see what Petco has. I know they don't have a lot of supplies. but I know I can at least get uvb and supplements there

I refuse to ever shop at petsmart because they ban pitbulls from their dog parties. I would buy online, but I need this stuff now. i'll buy the essentials I need for her at Petco. then look at the other stuff online. im waiting for my husband to wake up, then we will go to town and see what Petco has. I know they don't have a lot of supplies. but I know I can at least get uvb and supplements there
If they it, get the Mazuri gutload for now

Back
Top Bottom