veiled on the ground

Definitely looks like MBD. UVB light and proper supplementing will correct that. Since her bones are soft right now they are more prone to breaks. I'd be worried about her falling to far and landing on something hard.

I'm worried she's not eating. I can't tell how many crickets are in there. But she's back on the ground again.

Going to the vet might asap might be the way to go. you never know what kind of internal damage she could have from the old set up and they might be able to give you more specific advice in regards to caring for her right now and where to find what it is that you're missing at places that are close to you.

I'll try to find a vet around here that will see her. She's grown so much since we got her. It's so heart breaking to see her on the ground. She crawled back down herself.

But sadly I spent all my money on her cage. My bank account says $0. I don't get paid again until Friday :-(

But sadly I spent all my money on her cage. My bank account says $0. I don't get paid again until Friday :-(
as a college student living away from home, I get it. it has taken MAJOR budgeting to properly care for my little guy but I knew what I was getting into and from day one I was committed to giving him the best life I possibly could. we as a community may be harsh at times but it's only because we take so much time and effort on our chams even before we get them, that it hurts us to see them hurting. the only thing I can tell you is she deserves the best out of you so whenever it is that you can take her to get the help you really should.

How does she look to y'all?

Pulling the legs off the crickets is an awesome idea.

I got her out. And put her back in on a branch. She's still there for now. Hopefully she stays.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 206
There are signs of MBD (front leg in second picture shows it), but it's definitely not super severe. Right now I'd make sure she has branches that are in range of the basking and UVB light, and make sure she's getting the calcium/gutloaded feeders.

Poor little baby :-( she's still up on the branch under uvb bulb. I held her in my hand for a long time under the bulb. I'm fixin to try to make some form of platform closer to the uv light. That way maybe she'll stay there instead of going back to floor. And I'm going to pull some legs off my gut loaded crickets and put them in the mealworm feeder bowl.
I really do appreciate all yalls advice and taking time out to help me. Thank y'all so much.

Poor little baby :-( she's still up on the branch under uvb bulb. I held her in my hand for a long time under the bulb. I'm fixin to try to make some form of platform closer to the uv light. That way maybe she'll stay there instead of going back to floor. And I'm going to pull some legs off my gut loaded crickets and put them in the mealworm feeder bowl.
I really do appreciate all yalls advice and taking time out to help me. Thank y'all so much.

I know you’re short with money and you don’t want to hear it but you need to get her to a vet as soon as you possibly can. Maybe try a go fund me? I think people will want to help out.

I know you’re short with money and you don’t want to hear it but you need to get her to a vet as soon as you possibly can. Maybe try a go fund me? I think people will want to help out.

I get paid Friday. But I'm going after work to get the liquid calcium. I gathered up all the change in the house, I'll take it to coinstar

Given her current condition she instinctually knows that being high above the ground in her weakens state isn’t the best idea. Instead of making her go to the light and risking further trauma you should be bringing the basking light down to her. This will allow her to bask without the risk of her falling.

Back
Top Bottom