Torque's new House

HecticZ

My sis came over the house and gave my little chameleon a name. His name is "Torque" she wanted to name him VTEC but I lol'ed for a while and said NO!.

Any way here is new Home, let me know what you guys and girls think. Here are some pics, I am missing the Ficus Tree in the pics. It is getting some sun right now by a window sill and should be in the enclosure in about 2 weeks.

4186660314_09c77a6721_b.jpg

Whole Enclosure. Going to go collect some Branches when I have time. Oh and can't wait for the Pothos to grow in.

4185897459_77839c7dd7_b.jpg

Necessary stuff on top of the Enclosure, might be moving the enclosure next to a window, so I can rest the dripper and mister on top of the sill.

Oh Ignore the Gieco sign GF being a smarty

4186657352_47a3d24cdd_b.jpg

Torque
4178888481_39e4df6f86_b.jpg

so if you lol'ed at VTEC u must be a domestic guy then? I have two red eard sliders named torque and horsepower lol

he is a good lookin little guy

Thanks everyone.

so if you lol'ed at VTEC u must be a domestic guy then? I have two red eard sliders named torque and horsepower lol

he is a good lookin little guy

lol not really I own a Nissan, my sis owns a Prelude. Don't get me wrong I do love me some Muscle Cars.

I like the way you've trained your pothos to grow upwards; I don't see that too often. Looks nice, and should be plenty of plants and shelter when the ficus goes in. The one thing I'd watch is to be sure Torque's getting his food; that's a big cage to be free ranging crickets for as young a chameleon, but if you're cup feeding and he knows where the cup is, it should be fine.

Well done!! Your lil guy is awesome..... I also like how you have your potho... One question... has your guy taken any bites out of those flowers? I see videos of chams eating them but mine ignores the flowers in his cage..

i dont think the orchid was in the cage. but it is still unknown weather or not orchids are toxic at all. good luck and if he takes a bite just make sure he doesnt get sick. also orchids store fertilizers and water thats how they make it through dry spells and require little to no watering. my mom had a yard full here in fl and we enjoyed the hobby we were lucky they came with a house she bought. one looked dead then grew and flowered and trurned out to be quite rare i sold it at an orchid show for a few hundred dollars.

Thanks Everyone for the nice comments and welcomes. :)

I like the way you've trained your pothos to grow upwards; I don't see that too often. Looks nice, and should be plenty of plants and shelter when the ficus goes in. The one thing I'd watch is to be sure Torque's getting his food; that's a big cage to be free ranging crickets for as young a chameleon, but if you're cup feeding and he knows where the cup is, it should be fine.

Yes I try to cup feed and also place some wax worms on one of his perking branches, every once in awhile. The cup is behind the Pothos so it isn't in plain sight, so it can look as natural as possible from the front.

Well done!! Your lil guy is awesome..... I also like how you have your potho... One question... has your guy taken any bites out of those flowers? I see videos of chams eating them but mine ignores the flowers in his cage..

Thank you

No he hasn't taken any bites of the Orchids, that was the first day I bought him and placed him there while I set up his enclosure.

i dont think the orchid was in the cage. but it is still unknown weather or not orchids are toxic at all.
The orchid looks like a Phaelenopsis species (though with all the hybrid orchids out there, I won't swear to it). Some Phaelenopsis flowers are used as garnishes in restaurants or sold in the grocery store; I've eaten them. (Still, good to keep an eye on him.)

Very nice. I agree, the verticle growth on the pothos really looks nice. I noticed the background also has what looks like pothos growing down. Nice balance.:)

The orchid looks like a Phaelenopsis species (though with all the hybrid orchids out there, I won't swear to it). Some Phaelenopsis flowers are used as garnishes in restaurants or sold in the grocery store; I've eaten them. (Still, good to keep an eye on him.)

i agree with you on that i just dont remember what is what lol...at least someone knew a little more than me!!!!! you can buy pre trained pothos at home depot its very easy to do yourself buy puting a dog collar so to speak around the pot with a stake or trellis in the pot it has no where to go but up. once you get it going like that outside you can remove the collar.

Very nice. I agree, the verticle growth on the pothos really looks nice. I noticed the background also has what looks like pothos growing down. Nice balance.:)

Thanks

Yes there is Pothos all around the wooden stick. The stick is covered in something like dry moss, actually found it at a local nursery. Is something they are trying out. The Pothos is also loosely tied around the stick, but when it grows out A bit more it should not be noticeable.

I will take a picture in a couple of days. A picture is worth a Thousand words.

Oh wow never noticed I didn't post pics of the Pothos from behind. Sorry

Here is a pic of his Enclosure how it is Today. Added some more branches and an Umbrella Tree. The Ficus tree did not make it through shipping.

4342250957_d821fae64d_b.jpg

A quick picture I took, while he was taking in some light. He was also shedding today.

4342990480_a9a9cb15ae_b.jpg

Ok here are some updated pics of Torque. Oh and these were taken about 2 days ago, and he is shedding today. I wonder if he is going to get brighter colors.

4792358921_7c8574bd96_b.jpg

4792356079_7749e626af_b.jpg

This was when he decided to take a swim while I was cleaning his cage. This was the quickest ways to the plants and stuff, plus it was a hot day. I was scared at first, did not know they can swim.

4792354321_bbdccbee1d_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom