Brookesia Stumpffi - Eyes Closed

I can’t provide any insight here as I also have no experience with these guys. I have no idea if this will apply but: my veiled recently had some eye issues and it turned out to be humidity being too low.

Mostly I just want to say how cute your little one is 😍 when I get more experience, I’d love to get a Pygmy of some sort.

Don’t keep the pair together in the 12x12x18. Zoo Med 25 Double Door Terrarium is maybe a good space a pair. Definitely a good space for individual specimen. They are terrestrial of bunch of their genus.

That why I had opted for a 20 long prior. Michael Nash also mention they also utilize top portion of the enclosure.

Last edited:
The Male seems much much more active today and his eyes are open, so that's good. Thank you everyone for your help. (Still going to take to the vet, buy long uvb and basking bulb, and move into a ten gallon ASAP)

Attachments

• PXL_20240123_142943327.jpg
    PXL_20240123_142943327.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 17
For some reason I didn't get notified of being tagged in this thread. Some good suggestions thus far. They have certainly lost weight based on their appearance, which suggests that there is a health problem and not just a dormancy brought on by environmental conditions. If you want to learn more about brookesia I'd recommend listening to this podcast and the Q&A linked on the page as well. Optimal care for these critters is not commonly disseminated and there aren't as many resources available that detail their husbandry, besides the below.

https://chameleonacademy.com/s8-e4-brookesia-stump-tailed-chameleons-with-michael-nash/

If you want more, I might be able to send you a draft of a lengthy care guide I wrote on B. stumpffi, although I generally prefer folks subscribe to support the excellent organization that hosts some of my work, Responsible Herpetoculture Project. Let me know!

Thank you so much for replying!!! Update: Vet appointment on Friday.
I would appreciate it a lot if you could send it to me but I would like to clarify that no pressure to do so especially if you're planning on publishing it.
I have previously read the RH Journal #5 w/ Michael Nash's guide on b.thieli and watched the chameleons and coffee episode and Chameleon academy episode with Michael Nash as well as the old C.A. Episode with Luis Wiedemann, although I'm sure that last one is outdated. Any Information is good information. Thank you everyone so much again

I would appreciate it a lot if you could send it to me but I would like to clarify that no pressure to do so especially if you're planning on publishing it.
I have previously read the RH Journal #5 w/ Michael Nash's guide on b.thieli and watched the chameleons and coffee episode and Chameleon academy episode with Michael Nash as well as the old C.A. Episode with Luis Wiedemann, although I'm sure that last one is outdated. Any Information is good information. Thank you everyone so much again
Just FYI you are talking to Michael Nash. :) @javadi is Michael Nash's screen name in the forum.

That's me :) If you already got access to the RH journal for the thieli article, then the stumpffi article will be appearing in the next issue and you'll probably get access to that as well, so I will send you the preprint. Thanks for supporting the journal!

That's me :) If you already got access to the RH journal for the thieli article, then the stumpffi article will be appearing in the next issue and you'll probably get access to that as well, so I will send you the preprint. Thanks for supporting the journal!
What size of enclosure you are planning to keep multiple? It was never revealed specifically. If you have done it, are they coexisting better with a larger size?

Back
Top Bottom