I literally got her today, I have a uvb bulb I'm planning on purchasing more branches and wasn't ready for a female? I'm not sure how that's my faultMale and female panthers look completely different, especially color wise. How old is she? I recommend filling out the ask for help form.
I'm just putting this out there he said that it was a blue and red male and that the colors would come out when he's not stressed. Is this possible as well?Based on coloring, it looks female to me. Please read the panther chameleon care sheet: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/
It is possible. Another way to sex a panther chameleon is by looking at the base of the tail when it is sticking out straight. If there appears to be a slight bulge, it’s a male. If it is skinny without a bulge, female. See if you can post a picture of the tail sticking out straight.I'm just putting this out there he said that it was a blue and red male and that the colors would come out when he's not stressed. Is this possible as well?
it looks like a tiny bulge thereIt is possible. Another way to sex a panther chameleon is by looking at the base of the tail when it is sticking out straight. If there appears to be a slight bulge, it’s a male. If it is skinny without a bulge, female. See if you can post a picture of the tail sticking out straight.
Can you help me with my gender first? I just posted a picture and i need help with that firstIt’s not that your viv isn’t set up correctly for a female, it is not set up correctly for any type of chameleon period. Chameleon are a expensive hobby and you will have to be willing to spend some to correct your viv.
I’m recommending you read the panther chameleons care sheet found on this forum, just search it. And then fill out the form below so we can see exactly what areas of your husbandry need to be tweaked. Please don’t take the criticism personally.
Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.
◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
2 Photos can be very helpful.
It's a female. I personally don't see a bulge there in the last pictureCan you help me with my gender first? I just posted a picture and i need help with that first
Oh I see now, how big deep should the bin be?It's a female. I personally don't see a bulge there in the last picture
This is what we mean by a bulge. So with that in mind, your setup needs a lot of improvement to try looking through the care sheets right here on the forums and if you need any explanations on any particular piece of it just let us know Also filling out the care sheet that Brody posted might be a good idea if you want us to quickly let you know what you should fix right now.