The difference between Ambato and Ambanja.

Thanks everyone! And yes Lee I definitely want a female when they are ready. All of Rangers babies look amazing and I know Albus is ready to make sweet sweet chameleon love to a complete stranger.

Now I don't feel so bad being confused by the Ambanja Locale! I had just made the statement in another thread a few days back that the variety among Ambanjas are very confusing... Now I know why :D

Now I don't feel so bad being confused by the Ambanja Locale! I had just made the statement in another thread a few days back that the variety among Ambanjas are very confusing... Now I know why :D

Lol yeah but they are all ambanjas here in the USA its just personal choice and what set wc look you are wanting if any . But there are limits to ambanja as well like true blue ambanjas are not in the wild and rainbow ambanjas are not in the wild. So really you just have to look at each one and see if yeah they match wc or no they don't . That's the best guide line I can use and tell others to use.

Wow - every single day I manage to learn something on here. I've never heard of an Ambato, but these pics are incredible, and easy to see some differences. You all should be proud of your smokin' chams, and thanks for sharing the knowledge! :D

Lol yeah but they are all ambanjas here in the USA its just personal choice and what set wc look you are wanting if any . But there are limits to ambanja as well like true blue ambanjas are not in the wild and rainbow ambanjas are not in the wild. So really you just have to look at each one and see if yeah they match wc or no they don't . That's the best guide line I can use and tell others to use.

I see a diff in ranger but still disagree with the Gavin bein ambato like ranger an you sayen rainbow ambanjas dont exist in the wild yet go look at screameleons page an look at gavin lee thats a rainbow cham that doesnt fit your ambato or now ambanja profile

I see a diff in ranger but still disagree with the Gavin bein ambato like ranger an you sayen rainbow ambanjas dont exist in the wild yet go look at screameleons page an look at gavin lee thats a rainbow cham that doesnt fit your ambato or now ambanja profile

Ha man always out to start a fight or a problem man. these are just my opinions and thoughts if you don't like them don't post its simple. And as for gavan man you have see the up pics screameleons has on there site have you seen him in his cage or breeding a female or firing up with pics? I don't think so other wise you would not be saying that. Like I said I have done my research and this is a personal opinion and the way I choose to breed and in what I was picking and pairing together.

Last edited:
I have given this some thought as i have offspring from this pairing and it would directly affect my ethics of breeding.

1. Ranger to me shows "traits" of both ambanja and ambato. Truly if screameleons is being dishonest from the get go. Its hard to say exactly what he is for 100%. Even if they pull records for the male, to say the female was ambato is still a guess. For all we know he could be pure ambanja, he could be a cross ambato/ambanja or even pure ambato. To me he looks more ambanja than ambato.

This photo is of a ambanja on the site you are referring other pics to. In my opinion with the solid barring on the animal and the over all look of this animal. He closely resembles ambanja. Rangers barring looks nothing like those ambato's imo.
http://www.pardalis.be/Images/ambanja/ambanja012.jpg

2. Sky's genetic's could be a toss up also without truly knowing where the female was collected. Gavan imo also looks like a banja.

Without a clear record of collection and breeding. I dont think there is any grounds to say what we have here are ambato and even pure ambato blatantly. These are simply animals with a specific look one is trying to go for. This same principle can be had with nosy faly.

I dont believe in paradalis sub locales as they are not described as that. They are described as a locale and should be kept as that.

Last edited:
Ha man always out to start a fight or a problem man. these are just my opinions and thoughts if you don't like them don't post its simple. [\QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't see it that simple. This isn't really a forum where only one side of a discussion/opinion is allowed.

Also, you've told a few people that red in the face is not Ambato but rather Ambanja. One of the in the wild pics Chris posted shows a male with red in the face. Ranger jr has quite a bit of red in the face as well.

Im no expert but I can also see many contradictions of what you claim are Ambato "treats". Along with what Kent has pointed out you can see the non faded barring in pics of your offspring and ones that Chris A. posted. Its always gotta be one sided and if one is not on your side its a fight or someone pissed that their lines are as good as yours. Im not saying you dont have Ambato but I am saying your methods of proving them are not 100% as anyone with eyesight can see.

I have given this some thought as i have offspring from this pairing and it would directly affect my ethics of breeding.

1. Ranger to me shows "traits" of both ambanja and ambato. Truly if screameleons is being dishonest from the get go. Its hard to say exactly what he is for 100%. Even if they pull records for the male, to say the female was ambato is still a guess. For all we know he could be pure ambanja, he could be a cross ambato/ambanja or even pure ambato. To me he looks more ambanja than ambato.

This photo is of a ambanja on the site you are referring other pics to. In my opinion with the solid barring on the animal and the over all look of this animal. He closely resembles ambanja. Ranger looks nothing like those ambato's imo.
http://www.pardalis.be/Images/ambanja/ambanja012.jpg

2. Sky's genetic's could be a toss up also without truly knowing where the female was collected. Gavan imo also looks like a banja.

Without a clear record of collection and breeding. I dont think there is any grounds to say what we have here are ambato and even pure ambato blatantly. These are simply animals with a specific look one is trying to go for. This same principle can be had with nosy faly.

I dont believe in paradalis sub locales as they are not described as that. They are described as there own locale and should be kept as that.

Cool man a great way of thinking . To each is his own. I am in no way trying to say pure this pure that I am just trying to recreat a look of a wc that I like and enjoy . My post was not to say this is how it is and that's it. It is a opinion and the way I look at locales when I am breeding and wanting to recreate that set look. Like I have stated the USA runs on a if it fits it this locale and that is fine with me I personally will always call my chams ambanja but for my Owen interest and set standards in my breeding group I look for things that match and that will pair good and still fit and meet the look of a wc ambanja ect. I was just pointing out in my thread how ambato is close to ambanja but there are treats that to me stand out. But like I said this is just my thoughts and the way I look at things there still all nice ambanjas to me just with slightly different looks and if someone wanted to refine there breeding it could serve as a good guide.....

Ha man always out to start a fight or a problem man. these are just my opinions and thoughts if you don't like them don't post its simple. [\QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't see it that simple. This isn't really a forum where only one side of a discussion/opinion is allowed.

Also, you've told a few people that red in the face is not Ambato but rather Ambanja. One of the in the wild pics Chris posted shows a male with red in the face. Ranger jr has quite a bit of red in the face as well.
The red on the face is just one of the markers I use and I never said black and white so to say is the only way there is gray . there are variations as well in each set locale and I am no pro these are just my thought and opinions . also last time I checked I put this under general photography and did not really ask for opinions but they are fine with me as long as they have seen what they are talking about. Like pics and pics of a cham in its cage not doctored up are two different things and is not what my photo shearing was or is about. It's simply my thought and the way I look at things.
Im no expert but I can also see many contradictions of what you claim are Ambato "treats". Along with what Kent has pointed out you can see the non faded barring in pics of your offspring and ones that Chris A. posted. Its always gotta be one sided and if one is not on your side its a fight or someone pissed that their lines are as good as yours. Im not saying you dont have Ambato but I am saying your methods of proving them are not 100% as anyone with eyesight can see.

Good analogy but I am not fighting and won't was my point and that you cant base One pic of gavan that has been doctored up to the ones of him at rest and breeding ect. It's a opinion yes but a opinion on a pic that is not how the cham looks on a normal day. but like I have said I am in no way calling anything a 100% anything .... I was just shearing photos of chams I believe to have different looks and I want to keep to that in my breeding the best I can by basing it of wc chams I have seen from a locale that they say it is on the island and region of.

Last edited:
also last time I checked I put this under general photography and did not really ask for opinions but they are fine with me as long as they have seen what they are talking about.

Well, last time I checked your thread title was "The difference between Ambato and Ambanja" and the first post said:

Well I am going to try and clear a few things up with this thread the best I can.

Didn't really seem like a picture sharing thread. As I've seen you give your unsolicited opinion on other people's panther locales (remember Chuck G?) on several occasions, even recently, it seems rather....I don't know what....that you wouldn't expect them in your own threads. Respectful debate is healthy. Censoring people who don't share your opinion is not. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom