New Chameleon Mom

chamdy

Just want to take a moment and introduce myself.

Back in October I went to a local reptile show and ended up with an impulse buy of a chameleon egg. Came home began my research. I realized then that an egg wasnt that right purchase in many peoples eyes. But it gave me time to learn. I followed everything offered in the realm of knowledge from Neptune the Chameleon and Chameleon Academy. I even have had a conference call with Neptune to make sure I am on the right path from caging, lighting, live plant husbandry. I have hurdles, but I am willing to do whats best.

Fast forward to January and my egg still hasnt hatched (still big, white, and beautiful...to me) so a friend decided to get me another egg that was beginning its hatch. Two days after ( 5 days ago) my first baby was here. I now have a female (from the knowledge of Framschams) ambilobe panther chameleon, now named Starburst. And still have an egg waiting to hatch.

I am excited for this adventure and love the process of learning and providing. But I am also stressing because I want to/have to do right for these little lives.

Just want to take a moment and introduce myself.

Back in October I went to a local reptile show and ended up with an impulse buy of a chameleon egg. Came home began my research. I realized then that an egg wasnt that right purchase in many peoples eyes. But it gave me time to learn. I followed everything offered in the realm of knowledge from Neptune the Chameleon and Chameleon Academy. I even have had a conference call with Neptune to make sure I am on the right path from caging, lighting, live plant husbandry. I have hurdles, but I am willing to do whats best.

Fast forward to January and my egg still hasnt hatched (still big, white, and beautiful...to me) so a friend decided to get me another egg that was beginning its hatch. Two days after ( 5 days ago) my first baby was here. I now have a female (from the knowledge of Framschams) ambilobe panther chameleon, now named Starburst. And still have an egg waiting to hatch.

I am excited for this adventure and love the process of learning and providing. But I am also stressing because I want to/have to do right for these little lives.
Hello and welcome to the Chammie community!!! First of all, I just want to say you made the right decision booking a conference call with Neptune, she is the best!!! Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I'm assuming you already have the cage setup, mister system, bugs, supplements, and everything that's needed since you have been researching Neptune the Chameleon and Chameleon Academy. I can't wait to see pictures of your little Starburst!! Just know that if you ever have any chameleon problems, or just want to share, we'll be happy to lend a helping hand! 🦎 💕 🥳🤩

Hello and welcome to the Chammie community!!! First of all, I just want to say you made the right decision booking a conference call with Neptune, she is the best!!! Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I'm assuming you already have the cage setup, mister system, bugs, supplements, and everything that's needed since you have been researching Neptune the Chameleon and Chameleon Academy. I can't wait to see pictures of your little Starburst!! Just know that if you ever have any chameleon problems, or just want to share, we'll be happy to lend a helping hand! 🦎 💕 🥳🤩
I do have it all. And a scheduled checkin with Neptune this week. Hand misting currently but have a mister on order. Going to begin second enclosure in about a week, but do have a second nano setup for my second hatch.

Attachments

• 20240120_105043.jpg
    20240120_105043.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231229_174607_868.jpg
    IMG_20231229_174607_868.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 13
I do have it all. And a scheduled checkin with Neptune this week. Hand misting currently but have a mister on order. Going to begin second enclosure in about a week, but do have a second nano setup for my second hatch.
That looks great! Are those screen sides? How did you do that if so? (I’m chameleon sitting and they have done nothing) 😬😬😬

That looks great! Are those screen sides? How did you do that if so? (I’m chameleon sitting and they have done nothing) 😬😬😬
Currently she is in a nano from reptibreeze. Its all screen except the front. My adult set up is the 2×2×4 reptibreeze. It is screen as well.

In the nano enclosure it is just sitting there. But i hang plants from support branches in my larger enclosure. I use zip ties and plant wire in different places

I think eggs can be iffy for people. I know how stressed I was just starting out with an impulse buy 4 month old veiled chameleon. I do not think I would have handled the stress of a hatchling as a new keeper. I think as long as you find correct husbandry info and have the right support you will do well. Most important things with babies this young is food food and more food. lol

You may have already found this but this might be helpful for you. https://chameleonacademy.com/what-do-i-need-for-a-hatchling-panther-chameleon/

Back
Top Bottom