Lucky

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am going to be soo very kind to y’all and spare the very long story of everything, but I would like to introduce you to Lucky. I believe the wild veileds have finally made it up to my part of the state as he was found/caught locally. He is being treated for parasites which have made caring for him a challenge and at times I wasn’t sure which way things were going to go with him. While definitely not intentional, I haven’t really gotten very attached to him and guess it’s to protect my heart. Today that has changed. He’s finally feeling well enough and has started eating on his own ( and eating well) so his prognosis has greatly improved. Earlier today I happened to glance his way and the way he was just sitting and watching was comical and he stole his little piece of my heart in that instant. He is surprisingly sweet and tolerant of me and not once has he gaped, hissed or lunged. He will remain in quarantine until he is guaranteed parasite free in a month or so. He is quite thin and rough looking right now, but as he heals and recovers he should be a big handsome man-cham.
*yes, that is a fake plant since it can be cleaned. I can only sacrifice so many live plants.
IMG_5074.jpeg
IMG_5114.jpeg

He is stunning!!😍 I 🙏 he stays on the road to mending and a good long life with you. Boy you are one lucky skittle 😂 I mean these babies are lucky to have you. You have opened your heart and home to an assortment of babies just since I’ve been on the forum and it takes a really special person to do that.
Welcome Lucky!!! 💙

He's a big boy. So handsome 😍
He says thank you. 😊
He is stunning!!😍 I 🙏 he stays on the road to mending and a good long life with you. Boy you are one lucky skittle 😂 I mean these babies are lucky to have you. You have opened your heart and home to an assortment of babies just since I’ve been on the forum and it takes a really special person to do that.
Welcome Lucky!!! 💙
I’m just an animal lover. Everybody has their ‘thing’ and animals have always been mine. Either that or I’m insane. :unsure:
How cool, lucky is so handsome 💚 glad you have been able to rehabilitate him and can’t wait to see more updates
I’m so very relieved that he’s starting to improve and am now optimistic that I’ll be posting about him into the future.
He looks so much better. Eyes are really showing the difference! ❤️
He is so much more alert now too. He’s been facing the corner and not really doing much but now he’s basking and looking around and I even caught him looking for more food in his shooting gallery today! How quickly they learn. 😂

Did you catch him? We see them crossing the road here.
No. Even though invasive, I believe in letting them remain free. Poor guy has had a rough time adapting to being caged now and I feel so bad for his loss of freedom. I’m not sure who ‘found’ him. I got him from the clerk who was at FedEx the day I picked Bart up. Her teen son had him for a few weeks and once he learned they are not animals to be handled, he didn’t want him anymore. I hadn’t heard about any wild populations until very recently when I guess quite a few chams have been found in the same general area. I can only hope the majority of the population is hiding well from humans and retain their freedom.

No. Even though invasive, I believe in letting them remain free. Poor guy has had a rough time adapting to being caged now and I feel so bad for his loss of freedom. I’m not sure who ‘found’ him. I got him from the clerk who was at FedEx the day I picked Bart up. Her teen son had him for a few weeks and once he learned they are not animals to be handled, he didn’t want him anymore. I hadn’t heard about any wild populations until very recently when I guess quite a few chams have been found in the same general area. I can only hope the majority of the population is hiding well from humans and retain their freedom.
Totally agree. I’m glad this guy found his way to you. He couldn’t have a better home.

Wow, how Lucky changed :love: He looks so much better then a few weeks back, he's in good hands with you and can be Lucky. Yes, he lost some freedom but once in his definitive enclosure, he'll be in paradise. No more checking 360 for threats, only for food (y)
Keep up the good work and he'll grow-up to a handsome strong fella.

Such a simple thing, but watching Lucky eat makes me elated. He even dressed up for breakfast.

Hi tongue extension should get better over the next few weeks with the right supplements and UVB. But it is so good to see him go for them. I have a feeling that is why he was not wanting to eat at first. Having issues extending the tongue.

I am going to be soo very kind to y’all and spare the very long story of everything, but I would like to introduce you to Lucky. I believe the wild veileds have finally made it up to my part of the state as he was found/caught locally. He is being treated for parasites which have made caring for him a challenge and at times I wasn’t sure which way things were going to go with him. While definitely not intentional, I haven’t really gotten very attached to him and guess it’s to protect my heart. Today that has changed. He’s finally feeling well enough and has started eating on his own ( and eating well) so his prognosis has greatly improved. Earlier today I happened to glance his way and the way he was just sitting and watching was comical and he stole his little piece of my heart in that instant. He is surprisingly sweet and tolerant of me and not once has he gaped, hissed or lunged. He will remain in quarantine until he is guaranteed parasite free in a month or so. He is quite thin and rough looking right now, but as he heals and recovers he should be a big handsome man-cham.
*yes, that is a fake plant since it can be cleaned. I can only sacrifice so many live plants.
View attachment 344061View attachment 344062
Obviously he is in good hands! And a good heart.

View attachment 344061View attachment 344062
Wow he's beautiful! I hope he continues to improve :love:

Back
Top Bottom