The difference between Ambato and Ambanja.

Here are two photos of F. pardalis I took in Ambato back in 2002. They are small scans, but I can try to get better copies of the photos scanned if I get a chance.

11r7qs3.jpg

11r7r75.jpg

Chris

looks like a wc copy of my ranger fired up or basking:cool: JMO. Nice pics chris i love seeing cham pics in the wild.

Sorry Lee, didn't mean to derail the thread just thought it was interesting and if we are breaking up what is called ambanja we should talk about all three ;)

Sorry Lee, didn't mean to derail the thread just thought it was interesting and if we are breaking up what is called ambanja we should talk about all three ;)

I got you man and thats the point I was making i set mine off the look of Ambato and ambanja two locales in my breeding groups but as by USA stand. they are looked at as Ambanjas by the general public.this is just my own personal standereds in breeding and what I look for.

Here's a pic of our Ranger offspring male taken in mid-December... Lee will have to correct us on exactly what his lineage is. We were under the impression his grandsire was Sokool and his dam was a WC female, but now we take it the sire was Ambato? He also fires with a lot of white but has the bars run through the horizontal streak, as you can see.

Mv8Yb.jpg

I'll post an updated pic soon. I'm actually travelling away from home now, so can't take an updated pic until Friday evening.

We purchased him from Patrick at Colorful Creatures, through the classifieds on Fauna.

This was what he looked like a month before the photo was taken, when he was listed on fauna:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364731

Last edited:
Here are two photos of F. pardalis I took in Ambato back in 2002. They are small scans, but I can try to get better copies of the photos scanned if I get a chance.

11r7qs3.jpg

11r7r75.jpg

Chris

Actually from these pictures Chris posted I think one of my males sold to me by Seaside Reptiles in Florida was an Ambato labeled as a red bar Ambanja. I was under the assumption it was an Ankify. One thing is for certain especially for panther breeders here in the USA and Canada proper labeling of exported panthers locals is required. As all three locals Ambato, Ambanja and Ankify all are commonly grouped together and it becomes one huge mess for breeders to sort through.

Here's a pic of our Ranger offspring male taken in mid-December... Lee will have to correct us on exactly what his lineage is. We were under the impression his grandsire was Sokool and his dam was a WC female, but now we take it the sire was Ambato? He also fires with a lot of white but has the bars run through the horizontal streak, as you can see.

Mv8Yb.jpg

I'll post an updated pic soon. I'm actually travelling away from home now, so can't take an updated pic until Friday evening.

We purchased him from another forum member, through the classifieds on Fauna.

This was what he looked like a month before the photo was taken, when he was listed on fauna:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364731

wow killer man. The sire is Ranger and the dam is sky. Ranger being from sokool and sky from gavan. But from more in depth digging Ranger my Have came from another Wc sire not listed on screamelons web page and the one they sent me pics of looks just like ranger so I know sky is a gavan girl but Ranger is more then Likly from wc male unnamed from screamelons that looks just like ranger.I was sold a sokool boy but they may have sent me un named wc male offspring that is ranger and the sire looking just like him.

wow killer man. The sire is Ranger and the dam is sky. Ranger being from sokool and sky from gavan. But from more in depth digging Ranger my Have came from another Wc sire not listed on screamelons web page and the one they sent me pics of looks just like ranger so I know sky is a gavan girl but Ranger is more then Likly from wc male unnamed from screamelons that looks just like ranger.I was sold a sokool boy but they may have sent me un named wc male offspring that is ranger and the sire looking just like him.

wow i thought i was confused before..... huh.. ranger is a socool baby but prolly hes from a diff breeder they didnt have on there site? either way i love all three locals and panther co that boy is smokin!!

wow i thought i was confused before..... huh.. ranger is a socool baby but prolly hes from a diff breeder they didnt have on there site? either way i love all three locals and panther co that boy is smokin!!
not from a diff breeder a diff male as rangers dad is not sokool come to find out about a few weeks ago but from a wc sire screamelons has as a breeder just not posted up with pics.

Thank you for the info! He's an awesome panther. As you already know, you're producing fantastic animals.
Thanks I am always happy to see people enjoying my chams like I do he will make killer offspring for sure. do you have girls lined up for that bad boy already?

We have a pair of year-old females from chuck g's stock that are just about a year old and ear-marked for the guy as soon as they become receptive again ... we also have a couple slightly younger females from the Gavan line that we thought were unrelated but given your much-appreciated info about his lineage they're going to be paired with a WC male instead (chamcapture, if you happen to see this, the LTC purple bar that we got from you will be given a shot at two more girls shortly!) .

We have a pair of year-old females from chuck g's stock that are just about a year old and ear-marked for the guy as soon as they become receptive again ... we also have a couple slightly younger females from the Gavan line that we thought were unrelated but given your much-appreciated info about his lineage they're going to be paired with a WC male instead (chamcapture, if you happen to see this, the LTC purple bar that we got from you will be given a shot at two more girls shortly!) .

That is AWESOME!! I knew he was quite the stud!:D

I guess most people on the forum already know how I feel about 'pedigree' animals.......Personally I'm a mongrel and so are my lizards :D.....
I can see of course why people might be willing to part with extra (Johnny:rolleyes:)Cash for a well-bred and particularly good-looking animal, as all these chameleons here are. It's a simple question of supply and demand, right guys? :cool:
Here's a good tune - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIyu601XGCA :)

Here is my ranger boy Albus. His bars definitely stop before it gets to his spine.

Attachments

• photo 1 copy 9.JPG
    photo 1 copy 9.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 309
  • photo 2 copy 5.JPG
    photo 2 copy 5.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 246
  • photo 4 copy 3.JPG
    photo 4 copy 3.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 287
  • photo 3 copy 6.JPG
    photo 3 copy 6.JPG