The difference between Ambato and Ambanja.

Sorry if I don't understand how ranger, an ambanja and walker an ambanja are now not.

I am just making a point there are other locales and most will always call them ambanjas I am just refining my lines to be two different locales which in my eyes they are but people will still call them ambanja which is fine to because here in the USA they are being called ambanjas most of the time anyways. And ambanja /ambato offspring look ambanja which most blue body ambanjas have ambato in them.

Looking at the link you provided with and comparing it the the ambanja it looks to me like it is indeed an ambanja. Maybe like another poster said that the breed line got mixed but look at the one you provided and the ambanja.

Ambanja:
http://www.cleanlinechameleons.com/panther-chameleons/ambanja-panther-chameleon/

Ambato
http://www.cleanlinechameleons.com/panther-chameleons/ambato-panther-chameleon/

Haha, when I look at my cham I know it is clearly a Jackson. I think there is so much inbreeding due to lack of knowledge that it is hard to decifer what we can see and what someone thinks they know! I am just glad mine has horns!
:cool:

Sorry for my english once again!

Like I have said people are still going to call them ambanja which if fine they are very close and in the usa everything gets thrown in to a set group anyways. I just choose to be a little more refined in my lines its a personal opinion they can be ambanja or ambato . IMO and everyone all ready calls them ambanjas anyways I wasnt trying to start a fire just clear up a little confusion on what some of the little differences are.

My mistake Gavan is what i meant.

Still ambanja or ambato man . I was just clearing some blurred lines I see in locales if I owened ambis I could have a hay day they are like 3 or 4 sub locales i like to call them. Ambanja is the locale ambato would be a sub locale lol still a ambanja in most peoples eyes just a little different.

im kinda wonderin what makes Gavin Ambato? he doesnt look like ranger or the pics chris posted.. i have a brother to kents boy an they both seem to have more Ambato Traits then Gaven yet you say kents is ambanja an Gaven is Ambato?

HOLD ON. DID I NOT SAY EVERYTHING YOU ARE JUST SAYING NOW IN THE OTHER THREAD THIS CAME UP IN?!?!?!

Then was proceeded to be told that they are not even close?

This is all contradicting.....

im kinda wonderin what makes Gavin Ambato? he doesnt look like ranger or the pics chris posted..

Look at his pics faded bars blue background and when he fires he has a white background oh and his offspring as well red fase and blue fase fired white backgrounds. I have done my research and have confirmed to the best of my knowledge along with on the ground in Madagascar support in what I have and have breed.

Look at his pics faded bars blue background and when he fires he has a white background oh and his offspring as well red fase and blue fase fired white backgrounds. I have done my research and have confirmed to the best of my knowledge along with on the ground in Madagascar support in what I have and have breed.

iono i dont see it in gavin but everyone sees what they wanna see.. either way i love all of em ambanja ambato whatever you wanna call em..

Like I have said people are still going to call them ambanja which if fine they are very close and in the usa everything gets thrown in to a set group anyways. I just choose to be a little more refined in my lines its a personal opinion they can be ambanja or ambato . IMO and everyone all ready calls them ambanjas anyways I wasnt trying to start a fire just clear up a little confusion on what some of the little differences are.

No fires here! I just think that the subject needs a little more research before it can be called an ambanja or ambato. I was trying to do some research on the interwebs but it seems like most of the information that google can bring up is from threads like this where it comes down to a personal opinon rather than fact.

Off to do some more research! I have read the forums long enough that it is about time I am able to help out in return!

Cheers!

HOLD ON. DID I NOT SAY EVERYTHING YOU ARE JUST SAYING NOW IN THE OTHER THREAD THIS CAME UP IN?!?!?!

Then was proceeded to be told that they are not even close?

This is all contradicting.....

No man what I was trying to say is yes they are different but at the same time I agree with you that by USA standerds they are ambanjas because no one really defines them as different. i just have a personal choice to breed a look that is closer to the ambato and me as a breeder and personal preference choose to keep my lines separate the best I can. No ones a 100% right we just strive in all out Owen breeding projects for a wc look that we like.

iono i dont see it in gavin but everyone sees what they wanna see.. either way i love all of em ambanja ambato whatever you wanna call em..

That's my point its different but not its personal preferences that's it I need to dig up pics if gavan I got from screameleons and post them if I can find them. But yes again its whatever i just choose to look at my lines in reference to wc ambato over ambanja. But like I said in the USA no one seems to care for the most part. I just like to keep my separate and breed them for 2 different looks as close to wc as I can.

Very interesting stuff, and I go with the I love them all camp :D So just curious what would you call this

543219_10151154814221895_156544844_n.jpg

547464_10151128743186895_397211472_n.jpg

155416_10151112082766895_1348638969_n.jpg

Very interesting stuff, and I go with the I love them all camp :D So just curious what would you call this

543219_10151154814221895_156544844_n.jpg

547464_10151128743186895_397211472_n.jpg

155416_10151112082766895_1348638969_n.jpg

and If he were mine I could even probley break it down into one more a Ankery/ambanja because of the awesome yellow body and electric blue bars with red dots from a ambanja... but Like I said they are different but the same I like to put them in sub locales as apart of a main locale standered

Thanks Lee! I guess I can see that sorta like this one
ankify002.jpg

He looks very much like his grandpoppa Dr. Gonzo at a young age

This guy is Crazy awesome!!!!
ankify027.jpg

wow missed that first pic I would say ankify for sure now. but by USA stand. still a ambanja.... but if you were to refine your breeding with him i would say ankify if you found the matching female and the babies looked like set wc locale. JMO

Back
Top Bottom