The sad reality is that I need to re home my male panther

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
It has been a wild ride this year and with my lease coming to an end and rent being raised yet again it pains me but I think it would be appropriate to re home my male panther chameleon. He is a male ambilobe that I got from a local breeder in 2019. I've shared his entire life with the wonderful members of the forum and have learned so much but feel like someone with a more stable situation would be able to provide a better life for my guy.

I have a customized zoo med 2*2*4 enclosure that is heavily planted and has many natural branches and wood. also has a small spring tail and isopod population in it also a mist king system with two spray nozzle set ups and extra hose , dual bulb t5 fixture, jungle dawn Led bar, two dome lights for basking. As well as arcadia and other supplements and powders

The chameleon is in good health minus a small eye issue that seems to come and go. He gets a little puffy on one eye especially after a shed and has been seen by a local exotics vet for regular check ups he's a big boy as far as panthers go but isn't overweight.

He eats regularly normally prefers silk worms and bsfl but happy to snack on crickets and other feeders. He is also tolerant of handling and is used to coming out to a free range while I service the enclosure.

If anyone is local to San Diego /orange county/ LA and is interested please send me a message. I would prefer to give him to someone with some experience that could take his entire set up. I live in San Diego and do not want to ship him should someone be interested they would have to pick up.

Last year we made a cross town move here in San Diego and lost a lot of space and the options for outside free range. And now it seems ill have to make a further move with uncertainty in the housing situation. I can't justify keeping him when I don't know if I'll have to move to a new city or state and find housing that may not allow pets.

Thanks in advance and hopefully everything works out 🙏 I flirted with the idea of re homeing him but feel now it is the right decision for both him and I

20230512_150500.jpg

So sorry your going through this. I know how hard it is. Hope you find the perfect new home for him.
Thank you. I know I lurked and learned on the forums for some time and am grateful for everyone's willingness to share their experiences and knowledge. Perhaps there is someone soaking up the dos and do nots and could bring this lil guy into their home. He's set up for success with equipment so hopefully that makes it easier for a new or even experienced keeper to take him since they won't need to buy ANYTHING but more silkworms lol.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this all. Hopefully you’ll find a good home for you and for him. Moving is always a struggle.
Good luck, if I was not all the way across the country I would come get the little bugger!

Thank you. I know I lurked and learned on the forums for some time and am grateful for everyone's willingness to share their experiences and knowledge. Perhaps there is someone soaking up the dos and do nots and could bring this lil guy into their home. He's set up for success with equipment so hopefully that makes it easier for a new or even experienced keeper to take him since they won't need to buy ANYTHING but more silkworms lol.
I might be interested. I am in Orange, so am close to you. How old is the little guy, 4?

I always have silks, BS Flies, crickets and raise dubias. I have a great outdoor setup for sunning.

Which vet did he see, and did they recommend any treatment?

Is it possible to send a pic of his cage and how he looks currently?

It seems like you have taken great care of him!

You must be heartbroken but what a beautiful guy he is! With these forums there’s no way he won’t find a wonderful home. If a local person doesn’t work out, I have an excellent space in my office here in Philly and would pay top dollar for shipping. I mean whatever it takes to get him here as quickly and safely as possible.

I might be interested. I am in Orange, so am close to you. How old is the little guy, 4?

I always have silks, BS Flies, crickets and raise dubias. I have a great outdoor setup for sunning.

I purchased him as a true juvenile from a local breeder in 2019 so he's prob 4-4.5 years old.

I see the folks here for his annual visit and fecals as well as when I took him him for the eye https://www.drexotic.com/about/

I'll send you a direct chat. The vet did an irrigation of the eye at one point and gave me a tube of an antibiotic ointment that did seem to help. It got puffy again this past shed. I'll take photos in the am once lights are back on.

Dm sent with more photos

He’s such a beauty. I love his colors and the gradient between his red and yellow. It’ll be so wonderful to keep him in the chamily. 💗

Back
Top Bottom