The Daedalus & Azura Clutch Photo Thread

I have to say, I don't think anyone on this forum can ever get tired of seeing more pictures of chameleons. Maybe I shouldn't speak for everyone but I love em so please keep em coming! I've had my camera out every day with my little one, at first he really didn't like it now he's so interested in it, I can get great shots of him with my macro filter :) its just when he climbs ontop of my camera I have a problem :p

Keep em coming, they r adorable! I want one! :-D

Not true! I'm checking the thread constantly! Please, keep the picture and updates coming!

Thank you both! I'm glad a few of you out there are enjoying them as much as I am ;)

Baby #5 popped out during my exam (DEFINITELY male! Very distinguished for a tiny baby! lol), and baby #6 looks like he'll pop out tonight at some point. But, unfortunately, I'll be out all day so I won't update tomorrow. So you'll all have to wait with baited breath until Sunday or so.

Babies #6, 7, and 8 hatched out during the night, each curled up in a separate corner. One was still clinging on to an empty egg as if it were a branch, it was too sweet. Unfortunately, I have two jobs today and will have to leave them with the boyfriend for the day. Thankfully pouring fruit flies and spritzing water is not rocket surgery!

YAY MORE PICS! Love them! What gorgeous babies. I'm so excited I cant wait to finally meet him! Love the incredible shots you have.:D

More pictures, we are not tired Haha.. Love the pictures and like I said before, Hope to have babies someday, just by looking at your Pictures I feel the like the proud parent you most feel with the new babies. Unexplained feeling I guess.
All of this make me sound like a soft guy..lol don't get ideas love the babies that's all

wee need more pictures..:D:D:D...come on give em up...:D...congrats on the babies...man i want my eggs to hatch already too...wish there was a way to speed it up..:rolleyes:...

Today the babies had hours and hours of sunshine, which they seem to enjoy. I'm seeing more and more poops so I know that more of them are starting to eat.

I tried new camera settings and it worked out against me, so I'm sorry for the poor quality.

october15baby2.jpg

october15baby1.jpg

october15baby3.jpg

october15baby4.jpg

A few more from today. I'm catching them eating more and more, even though they try not to do it when I'm watching. Nearly everyone is a week or 1.5 weeks old, so they're starting to really finish those fruit flies.

october17baby4.jpg

october17baby1.jpg

october17baby2.jpg

october17baby3.jpg

And it seems as though the clutch will end up with 8-10 babies. Several did sweat, shrink, and harden so I don't think anyone is coming out. I did dissect one to see if they were duds like the two eggs that did this weeks ago and I did find a perfectly formed baby but smooshed from the hard, caved-in shell. So for whatever reason those I am still holding on to but not with any expectations. Two more eggs still look really good, so let's see if they emerge soon.

But this is better for me, 8-10 is the kind of manageable clutch size I originally wanted. However, it means that very few people that are on the waiting list will get one, since I will keep 2-3 of them. But I will send out emails once I get around to really sexing them.

Took the babies outside today for their first, unfiltered sun morning. I put a small ficus in a large plastic container and sat outside with them this morning and they were loving it. I'm trying to take advantage of the warm days while we still have them! The dogs were very jealous but I didn't want them swatting a baby off a branch with their tail by accident, so they were stuck inside.

october18baby1.jpg

october18baby2.jpg

october18baby3.jpg

october18baby4.jpg

october18baby5.jpg

october18baby6.jpg

october18baby7.jpg

october18baby8.jpg

october18baby9.jpg

october18baby11.jpg

october18baby12.jpg

october18baby13.jpg

october18baby10.jpg

:D Them baby chams. Sure way to make everyone go AWWWWWWWWW lol. Nice shots as usual Olimpia.

Thanks! I really need a better lens, they are just a little too small for my camera to get good shots of them. I'm always so close from a crisp, clean shot... but no cigar! lol They're still cute though, with their enormous eyes.

Here are a few photos from the the last day or two. They've been getting morning and evening sun while the weather is good, so they seem to be loving that. Some are already going for a few large pinhead crickets I bought just to try.

(You guys just let me know when you've had it up to your eyeballs in quasi-daily updates ;) )

october20baby1.jpg

october20baby2.jpg

october20baby3.jpg

october20baby4.jpg

october20baby5.jpg

october20baby6.jpg

october20baby75.jpg

october20baby7.jpg

october20baby8.jpg

october20baby9.jpg

october20baby10.jpg

Back