The Daedalus & Azura Clutch Photo Thread

This thread will be continuously updated in the coming weeks and months with photo updates as often as possible.

Yesterday, after 9 months and 17 days of nail-biting anticipation, I was extremely happy to see a tiny nose poking out of an egg during a quick look into the egg container. And then today after I came back from work I discovered that the little thing had made it out of the egg and was sitting on a sibling egg.

One out, only twenty left!

So here is the first photo of the first baby to hatch from my panthers, Daedalus and Azura.

october6firstbaby.jpg

And then requisite photos of the parents.

The Mom (Nosy Be x Ambanja x Sambava mix)

img8602jy.jpg

The Dad (Nosy Faly x Ambanja mix)

daedalusmay4.jpg

daedalusoutside14.jpg

Awesome!! I love love love daedalus:)

OHMYGOODNESS!! I've got that warm, fuzzy feeling again! They are so, SO adorable! Thanks for sharing! I am excited about your wee babies, I can't even imagine how excited you must be! ps: Mom is stunning, as is Dad, but Mom - wow! ;)

i cant believe i barely saw this thread!! CONGRATS :D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didnt you tell me they were hatching olimpia!?!?!?!

Thanks everyone! It is very exciting. Baby #3 is in the baby cage with the others and it seems as though everyone is due to hatch within the week, all the eggs have shrunk and are looking really ready. They are already enjoying some Florida sunshine in the mornings and are too cute!

Today has been lovely, it's still in the mid-70's here so the baby cage has been outside since 7:30 and they've been basking in the sun with their little bodies puffed up and it's adorable. At this time there are 4 babies.

This is baby #3 - Look at that little red throat!

october11thirdbaby1.jpg

Baby #1, I think.

october11baby1.jpg

Baby #4, fresh out yesterday.

october11fourthbaby1.jpg

october11baby2.jpg

And the remaining eggs. Several have dented in and I'm sure will hatch in the next few days.

october11eggs1.jpg

so awsome :) how many you keeping?

At least a pair but I may end up keeping 2 boys and 1 girl, I'll have to see.

Congrats Olimpia!! Theyre so cute!!!

Thank you! They are cute as buttons!

I'm trying my hand at sexing them but these aren't as easy as other neonates I've seen. But I almost want to say I have 2 boys and 2 girls for now, but wouldn't bet any money on that! lol It'll be fun to see how right I am in the coming weeks.

Watching the baby hatch then start moving as he got stronger was amazing. He reminded me of how a lion would look over his domain. They are really sweet.

october12baby1.jpg

october12baby2.jpg

october12baby3.jpg

october12baby4.jpg

There's another baby half-way out of the egg and another nose poking out. So we should have at least one more baby by this afternoon.

Yay!!! More baby pics!!!!! They are just too cute with those great big eyes!!!!!

Thanks Lisa! I'm sure people will be sick of them soon enough, if they aren't already! lol But I find them adorable, and it may be a long while before I hatch anything else.

Besides, I'm trying to get them used to me and the camera as much as possible so they're more tolerant of all of it growing up.

I have to say, I don't think anyone on this forum can ever get tired of seeing more pictures of chameleons. Maybe I shouldn't speak for everyone but I love em so please keep em coming! I've had my camera out every day with my little one, at first he really didn't like it now he's so interested in it, I can get great shots of him with my macro filter :) its just when he climbs ontop of my camera I have a problem :p

Keep em coming, they r adorable! I want one! :-D

Thanks Lisa! I'm sure people will be sick of them soon enough, if they aren't already! lol But I find them adorable, and it may be a long while before I hatch anything else.
Not true! I'm checking the thread constantly! Please, keep the picture and updates coming!

Back
Top Bottom