Tell me what you think!!!

Kansascity

I am gonna take Mrs. Nosey to the vet in the morning! Last night she was perfect this morning after feeding I noticed these random marks (blotches) on her body (she is just about 6mths old) her basking area she cant even sit underneath! So I do not think she got burned! These pics suck but this is what I have!

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 160
Also thanks to her last shed some stayed behind a small patch on her knee and back! I have been keeping her humidity at 50%

Readers and not one post hmm:rolleyes: just going to assume they were all newbies... Anyone that has a clue please try and give a response. I will take the dame to the vet anyhow in the morning but still would like a response if at all possible !

charging my battery! Sorry. I did take pics now I just have to wait until my pc allows them to download not sure what the huge issue is most of the time.

Ok here are the pics! and you can see them unless her main color is light green! The basking light is no were near where she can get under neath. Just because I am trying not to have her go gravid to soon!:confused::eek::confused: The orchid is fake. Taking her to the vet tomorrow!

Attachments

• DSC_0280.jpg
    DSC_0280.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0285.jpg
    DSC_0285.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0277.jpg
    DSC_0277.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 103
Ok here are the pics! and you can see them unless her main color is light green! The basking light is no were near where she can get under neath. Just because I am trying not to have her go gravid to soon!:confused::eek::confused: The orchid is fake. Taking her to the vet tomorrow!

i wish i could help but im not educated in the medical fields as well as other people on here try to repost with the pictures

i wish i could help but im not educated in the medical fields as well as other people on here try to repost with the pictures

I did! ;) The places that are blotchy lighten to lime green! I don’t get it, just want her to see the exotic vet asap!

look like burns to me, weird. same with my panther when i had the basking light that close , even though he doesnt normally go under it for long. still he got "orange like spots that later became dark grey" , went to the vet , said he agrees with me that they are burns, and the "orange discolored skin" was equivalent to a sun burn for us...that once scarred and treated, turns dark grey.....this is my story

might try to raise the basking lamp just in case.

still go to the vet....if its something else...but if he/she agrees it's burns, then the vet will give you silvadene cream for your cham. with burns it takes a LONG time for them to heal but you see slow improvement.

hope for the best:)

More pics of her set up! use a regular 60 watt light bulb!

Attachments

• DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0287.jpg
    DSC_0287.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 53
look like burns to me, weird. same with my panther when i had the basking light that close , even though he doesnt normally go under it for long. still he got "orange like spots that later became dark grey" , went to the vet , said he agrees with me that they are burns, and the "orange discolored skin" was equivalent to a sun burn for us...that once scarred and treated, turns tark grey.....this is my story

might try to raise the basking lamp just in case.

still go to the vet....if its something else...but if he/she agrees ith burns, then the vet will give you silvadene cream for your cham. with burns it takes a LONG time for them to heal but you see slow improvement.

hope for the best:)

Thanks Ace just seems weird when she cant even sit under the basking spot (just included pics that would let you better see that) ok well off to the dr in the morning! She was in her smaller cage and she had access to her basking area (6-7 inches below) my 7 year old even said they looked like burns! Make me feel like an idiot, but then she said she can’t sit under it though:eek:....Thanks again Ace.

She could still crawl up the screen on the side to the top and hang under the light and get burned. you just might not have seen her doing it! It does kinda look like a burn.

She could still crawl up the screen on the side to the top and hang under the light and get burned. you just might not have seen her doing it! It does kinda look like a burn.

Ok thanks guys I will be calling the Dr in the morning!:( Glad my other guys are holding up.. Just never see her climbing up there, of course yes I have to pee and do normal things so it isn’t impossible.

Maybe put your basking light in front of the uvb so it is not sitting back in that corner. If she by chance did climb up the back screen she could have maybe tilted her body to the side and got burned if the screen is hot, which it usually is.

Maybe put your basking light in front of the uvb so it is not sitting back in that corner. If she by chance did climb up the back screen she could have maybe tilted her body to the side and got burned if the screen is hot, which it usually is.

Ok, thanks Carol.

What it looks like to me is bruising. Could she be a little clumsy in her cage? Just my opinion.

It just seems strange the burns would be on her side if she climbed the screen to get close to the bulb. Ive seen stranger things happen though lol

What it looks like to me is bruising. Could she be a little clumsy in her cage? Just my opinion.

It just seems strange the burns would be on her side if she climbed the screen to get close to the bulb. Ive seen stranger things happen though lol

I haven't seen her fall:( though your point makes a lot of sense, as do the indication of burn looking issues! Hmmm

Back
Top Bottom