Suggestions for added heat during the night.

makkatfloof

Hey, I have a 6-7 month old male veiled cham. His enclosure recently got moved into our basement. It gets extremely cold down there during the night. He seems to be ok through the night, but yknow, as a mama, we all still worry.
I do not want to get one of those reptile heaters because I’ve had horrible incidences in the past with them.
Could I possibly use one of those red night lights for extra added heat during the night? Or would even that little bit of light cause a problem with his sleep?
Any suggestions are welcome and needed!!!

Does it get below ~55 degrees? If not no need. Red lights aren't good. That light will disrupt sleep. If it does get that cold, use a ceramic on thermostat or maybe a space heater.

Does it get below ~55 degrees? If not no need. Red lights aren't good. That light will disrupt sleep. If it does get that cold, use a ceramic on thermostat or maybe a space heater.
Yes, it does get below 55. It’s usually between 49-53. That’s why I worry a little bit.
Thank you though! I’ll look into getting one. I don’t really care for space heaters, but I’ll see if I can find one that I can trust to be safe.

I have a nice one that I'd recommend. I use it for my feeder room in the basement. I can look it up for you if you're interested.

you can add a ceramic heat lamp (produces no light) to help with the temps. a 50 watt should do the trick.

If you do a ceramic heat emitter you may nay need it for a few hours during the coldest part of the night. During the winter I use an analog timer with a dial and do 30 min on and 30 min off so I don't raise temperatures too much.

Back
Top Bottom