Stub leg tempeli

Champhibians

This here is a female Nick gave me on the last shipment I got from him. He gave me the female because she had a bad frot leg. When I got her I really was spectal if she would pull through or not. I took her to my local herp vet, and removed part of her lower leg. I never though she would make it. Here she is with it healing up nicely, I have to take her to the vet friday to have her remove the skin from the leg. She is one of the strongest montanes I have ever owned.

Attachments

• SNB11144.jpg
    SNB11144.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 210
  • SNB11143.jpg
    SNB11143.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 264
Its kind of like a wind up. I mean it moves in motion just noting to grab with, I will try and shoot a movie of her tomorrow huting down some prey.

this might be a little off topic but for the longest time when i first got on this forum i thought that Brad R avatar was a three legged cham.

but she is quite cute still.

that is an odd looking species! Sad to hear she had to have it removed, and the wind up thing would make me even sadder.. Glad to hear she is doing fine now, though.

I know a few months ago someone hatched out (or maybe bought somehow, but I think hatched) a little panther without any front legs. Apparently it just pushed it's body along with it's back legs- it was kind of like an inch worm. That little guy was healthy as can be last I heard, I'm sure this little girl will live a long happy life!

I know a few months ago someone hatched out (or maybe bought somehow, but I think hatched) a little panther without any front legs. Apparently it just pushed it's body along with it's back legs- it was kind of like an inch worm. That little guy was healthy as can be last I heard, I'm sure this little girl will live a long happy life!

Aw that's sad! Just glad they didn't "give it up to science"..

(Paid cash to have experiments done on the poor thing..)

Happy to see she is adapting so well! She has a fighters heart. Or a pirates!
(Arrrrrrrr. is she going to get a wooden leg, or a hook maytee?)
Really tough pirates would have a mean Veiled on their shoulder!

They'd probably bite the pirate's ear off.

I wanna see some updates on this cutie soon! Looking forward to it.

Just a quick update, she is doing fine. Most of the extra skin was removed. The vet did not want to take it all of just yet, to help avoid infection. But she is a fighter. No dought in my mind she will be fine, and turn into part of my breeding project with them, I have a 2.4. I will post some updates of her soon.

Wasn't that Kenya? She took in a juvi with no front legs at all or something like that.

I had a male veiled once that was adopted to someone in Kentucky or somewhere and he didn't have his front left leg, just like this female. The owner showed pictures of him breeding with his female. I wasn't happy about that (barely had a moment out of the shipping box), but glad to see the male didn't let that little handicap hold him back.

Back
Top Bottom