A sad day

So, I have had a female Veiled named Sadie for about 5 years now, got her when she was about 4 months old, and today is her last day. Her back legs don’t work anymore, and although she has an appetite, she can’t really hunt. Tomorrow we will take her to the vet to let her go without any more suffering. This is not a question or other post, just going on here to get some grief off of my chest. It’s been a great journey with her, and hopefully I will one day get another chameleon. Farewell, Sadie.

So sorry that you have to let her go, but it sounds like the kindest thing to do. Keep her in your heart.

You did very well to have her last 5 years…many females don’t make it nearly that long sadly.

Sadie was lucky to have been with you. RIP Sadie.
😪

It is the worst helpless feeling, when they reach the point when the rainbow bridge is near. 5 yrs is amazing, im sure she lived her absolute best life with you.
Sadie, find Groot in that big amazing tree. You will love him, and he will love you and take care of you. He just went 2 weeks ago.

Sad day but for a cham she had a good run. RIP Sadie. I'm sure she left you with many good memories.

Poor sweet baby. I’m sorry for your grief and appreciate you doing what’s right for her sake. God bless

So, I have had a female Veiled named Sadie for about 5 years now, got her when she was about 4 months old, and today is her last day. Her back legs don’t work anymore, and although she has an appetite, she can’t really hunt. Tomorrow we will take her to the vet to let her go without any more suffering. This is not a question or other post, just going on here to get some grief off of my chest. It’s been a great journey with her, and hopefully I will one day get another chameleon. Farewell, Sadie.
When these devastating days come, and sadly they eventually do, I find it helpful to have a long "talk" with them. My favorite thing they did, what they have meant to me, etc. For the animal, the sound of the trusted voice is soothing. For us, it is very cathartic.

Wishing you peace in this act of compassion.

💕 Sending you a virtual hug. I am so sorry about Sadie.
Comforting Big Hero 6 GIF by Sky

Back
Top Bottom