Update on baby moona

She has taken her 3rd dose of baytril today that her vet gave me. She sometimes sleeps with her neck up but sometimes down, she still Shows her dark green color when she’s in the cage and her underbelly will be lighter with little light yellow streaks on the side . I think she’s in shed because I frequently see her rubbing her eyes on the plants. And idk if it’s normal but she will sometimes have one eye closed and one shut….She still won’t eat anything , I’ve tossed one cricket in there today and she’s not touched or or acknowledged it. Her doctor gave me this paste to make and feed for her through syringe several times a day at a certain dose, it’s called critical care carnivore. It was really hard trying to get her to open her mouth or get her a little fired up, she just hisses and strikes a little bit and she will show off her “sassy colors“ as I call them 😅🥹🫠. I got a little bit in but she made me nervous because she looked like she couldn’t breathe and she had some paste around her mouth which looked like a mustache with kissy lips and I tried so hard not to laugh 😅.shes been a lot calmer with her handling her, I and nervous because I want to get the timer for her lights set up ( they haven’t been working and I just bought it 🫤 it’s the terrarium strip) plus other automated equipment for her because ,I plan to go away in a couple months for my bday to spend with my bf , it’s 10 days-and I either want to find a close local friend whose good with chameleons that will babysit her while I’m gone and I will pay them for anything, or I will go with my other options which is not going or getting my little sister to help. just planning for the future and putting it out there in case anyone has any ideas ☺️🖤

I got her a lower basking bulb , 50w, but it still makes the enclosure too hot in her basking area since there’s not much air flow in my closet but it’s completely open, I still have my fan in there to cool It down. I just decided to turn the lamp off and keep the uvb on until bed time. Should I return the bulb and get the 25w if they have it ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 29
Have you tried to feed her anything besides crickets? Sometimes they are picky and don’t like certain bugs. My guy hates super worms, and is on the fence about BSFL, but he goes crazy for dubia roaches and hornworms

Have you tried to feed her anything besides crickets? Sometimes they are picky and don’t like certain bugs. My guy hates super worms, and is on the fence about BSFL, but he goes crazy for dubia roaches and hornworms
I’ve only tried crickets , mealworms, and super worms…..ignores crickets, bored of mealworms, and despises super worms lol I didn’t try the roaches yet….

I’ve only tried crickets , mealworms, and super worms…..ignores crickets, bored of mealworms, and despises super worms lol I didn’t try the roaches yet….
I think you said you are in Florida? So dubia roaches will be illegal there. Lots of people also use discoid roaches. Hornworms are always a favorite as well and are great for hydration! Black soldier fly larva are a really good staple feeder too.

I think you said you are in Florida? So dubia roaches will be illegal there. Lots of people also use discoid roaches. Hornworms are always a favorite as well and are great for hydration! Black soldier fly larva are a really good staple feeder too.
Yes , I did not know whether she would eat those yet because she’s so small….

Back
Top Bottom