Something stuck on eye

enigmacell

Hi, I've noticed my chameleon keeping his eye shut a lot recently. Upon close inspection I can see something stuck on the actual eye. Its like a small dot of sap from a tree or something that was sticky and has hardened on his eye. It won't shif from me misting it and I've even tried to put it under running water but he just closes his eye untill I stop. I was wondering if I got eye drops would that disolve whatever it is and get rid of it?

You need to take him to the vet. I wouldn't chance guessing with anything on him. The best bet is the vet. You'll need a good reptile vet, one preferably with experience with chams.

That sounds a lot like what happened to my little guy except it was both of his eyes. The vet gave me some eye drops for him and it was been clearing up. Your best bet would be the vet.

I got some eye drops for turtles and the eye looks clear and brighter now too :). He still closes it a lot though. I've started to feed him some pachnoda grubs. Would they be a good source of beta carotene?

Back
Top Bottom