Snails...Piglette is my HERO

SMCNARY

Established Member
Rachelle sent me a bunch of snails!!! I'm in progress getting my USDA permit to import them but until then she hooked me up!!!! THANKS RACHELLE !!!!
hegupary.jpg
eby8e8e9.jpg
edeza2ab.jpg
y8u5a8ug.jpg
ety2upu9.jpg
te9e4e2a.jpg
utuzyry3.jpg

My Jacksoni tore there cages down to get to them and ate them and then came right to my hand to get more!!!

Oh man, arent they just too stinkin cute? I love those little guys. I was so happy to hear how much your Jacksoni loved them. I wish I could have seen them in their excitement over this new and fun feeder.

I can't thank you enough!!!! I had to give the baby's a try and I kept it up until every one of the 20 baby's got 1snail each. They went bonkers,anyone breeding or even keeping montaine species MUST try snails!!!:D:D

Yeah, they are eating machines. Its crazy. Now I like to try to find things they really like to watch how fast they eat it.

Your snails are eating lots more than mine are. I even spent $4 on a papaya and they won't eat it. They ate zucchini really well. Rachelle is such a sweetie for how she takes care of her friends.

I have juvi carpets who thought the small snails were tasty. I can't really feed mine yet as I need to start a colony. These are a great addition.

Your snails are eating lots more than mine are. I even spent $4 on a papaya and they won't eat it. They ate zucchini really well. Rachelle is such a sweetie for how she takes care of her friends.

I have juvi carpets who thought the small snails were tasty. I can't really feed mine yet as I need to start a colony. These are a great addition.

WHAT'S THE DEAL???? You didn't tell me (your friend) about any baby's I'm hurt as u know I want ALL kinds of chems!!!!

Laurie, dont let him have any carpets......He needs to FOCUS!!!! LOL, so do I! :D

Bobby,who needs to focus???? Mr who purchased 5 new chams in the last what 1 month or so :D but I'm about to catch up as I'm adding my Falys and Banjas. To my collection as soon as they r old enough to ship!!! :D

This is AWESOME! May be a stupid question, but do you give the whole snail to the guys...I mean with the shell? Must be less dense than the snails I am used to. :p

WHAT'S THE DEAL???? You didn't tell me (your friend) about any baby's I'm hurt as u know I want ALL kinds of chems!!!!

I don't have chems I have chams:rolleyes: You know I have carpets, I have even talked about how cute they are. Just another man who doesn't listen to me.:(

Laurie, dont let him have any carpets......He needs to FOCUS!!!! LOL, so do I! :D
Bobby i never get between to little boys fighting.:D

I feel so left out of everything. I guess I need to find a new circle... :(
Max if you left us we would all cry. We still love you, now suck it up and stop whining.;)

:eek: wth.. Chameleons can eat snails? Shells and all?? :confused: I though snails and slugs were off limits because of the mucus?

Slugs are not recommended. However, snails are a great source of calcium and are eaten in the wild by chameleons. The jacksons in Hawaii are actually causing issues because they are decimating the snail population in some areas. I am hoping to get some snails of my own, but need more room first.

Slugs are not recommended. However, snails are a great source of calcium and are eaten in the wild by chameleons. The jacksons in Hawaii are actually causing issues because they are decimating the snail population in some areas. I am hoping to get some snails of my own, but need more room first.

Wow was I wrong.. Regular garden snails are ok?? They digest the shells just fine? what makes slugs no good, but snails ok? I'm so confused :confused: lol

Yes, regular garden snails, but you need to either find snail eggs and hatch them or order snails and breed them yourself. Wild caught snails are not recommended due to parasite concerns.

As for slugs, they are also known to carry parasites, produce more slime than snails and don't have the calcium content, due to not having the shell, which is the biggest reason why you would want to feed them.

Yes, regular garden snails, but you need to either find snail eggs and hatch them or order snails and breed them yourself. Wild caught snails are not recommended due to parasite concerns.

As for slugs, they are also known to carry parasites, produce more slime than snails and don't have the calcium content, due to not having the shell, which is the biggest reason why you would want to feed them.

Interesting. Thanks for the info

I feel so left out of everything. I guess I need to find a new circle... :(

Well ever since you stopped coming to San Antonio I havent heard from you. :( how can I share my feeders? You need to join the cool kids and get on the snail band wagon.

Back
Top Bottom