Smoking

baggedd5087

So my mom smokes like a chiminey. but she has never smoked around vert i made her smoke in her room with the door shut. could this have caused verts death?

I don't know the story with 'vert' but... yeah smoking could cause a respiratory infection....

well vert just randomly stopped eating and got real dehydrated and died last tuesday the vet said it was probably from stress. i didnt hear any wheezing or popping

You'd practically have to be fumigating its cage with cigarrette smoke to directly cause it issues.
Not in the same room should be fine.

I would say it depends on what size your home is and airflow before I would rule it out as having any part in the death. What were the stress factors that could have caused him to get ill?

Suggestion

Before you get a new Cham I would follow the post from Dave Weldon on cleaning the cage. Look up "Coccidia" post on this forum.

Just in case. If something in the cage hurt the cham, this should kill it. Mine got pinworms somehow and I'm turning now turning into a clean freak. Not fun to watch them sick.

I would say it depends on what size your home is and airflow before I would rule it out as having any part in the death. What were the stress factors that could have caused him to get ill?

my house is pretty big if my mom even smokes in the room next to me i cant even smell it or tell she is smoking and her room is 3 rooms over from mine. its about 40 feet away

and the stress factors were about 20 of my family members going in my room without my permission and getting him outta his cage and messing with him on thanksgiving

How about anyone who smokes should knock it off...... It's bad for you, bad for anyone around you... and if ya have kids and you smoke around them.... maybe DCFS should swing by...

How about anyone who smokes should knock it off...... It's bad for you, bad for anyone around you... and if ya have kids and you smoke around them.... maybe DCFS should swing by...

i completly agree i hate that she smokes i always tell her all the bad things that will happen to her in a few years but she wont listen

Don't be too hard on your mom though, I smoked ciggs for 15yrs. It was the hardest habit to quit EVER!
I haven't smoked a cigg in a year, and to be honest even though I will never smoke again there isn't a day where I dont think about it.

Last edited:
I smoked for 6.5 years.... I quit cold turkey. My peak was a pack a day... but that was for a very short time... maybe a couple of months. Just before I quit, I was smoking a pack every other day.....

So from 10 ciggs a day to zero in one day. You just need motivation. Something to think about other than smoking.

Maybe your mom should think about playing cards or taking you to get a treat or going on a walk with you instead of smoking.... I am sure a walk in the park talking to her kid is better than taking time off her life and wasting money on ciggs...

Sorry to hear about your loss bagged. While smoking isn't good for anyone -- primary or secondary -- I would imagine the excessive "visits" had more of an impact. And keep on your mom, with lots of love. A visit to my doctor and a prescription for xanax and dermal patches helped me kick a smoking habit of 18 yrs in a month and I have been smoke free for another 18 yrs. But I think what had the greatest impact was that I decided that I wanted to see my son grow up... Let her know you love her and you want to see her grow old with lovely grandchildren.;)

Funny how the most outspoken preachers against anything, usually did it themselves.
Nothing like 'born again' selfrighteousness.
Anthony Robbins eat your heart out!
lessonsmasteryCD.jpg

yeah... DJ AM goes around busting kids for drugs and helping them kick the habit on MTV..... only to die of a drug OD in his NY apt.

I think people who have been there know why it is bad, realized it and want to tell others why they shouldn't go there.... or tell others to help another who is there.....

I wasn't referring to you specifically ijmccollum ,
it's incidental that my post followed yours.
:)

Theres no denying it's unhealthy, but folk are free to make to their own choices, for better or worse.
Suppose we start preaching to folk what they should eat or not, about drinking alcohol, coffee, about wearing helmets, wearing seatbelts, about dangerous leisure activities, all of which may be unhealthy...................oh wait, they do!
Is there any part of an individuals life that is just their own buisness?

I bought a fog machine 2 years ago and used it in my room. Next day chameleon was dead.

What a fail.

Back
Top Bottom