Fire, smoke inhalation

Miniskirtblues

Ok, so this really sucks. I had a fire over the weekend and it started in the same room my veiled cham lives in. Luckily, I had her enclosure covered. Her cover goes from the ceiling to a few inches off the ground, all the way around. I also have 3 sides covered in window insulation film. BUT,smoke, however, minimal, still got into her house I've taken everything out...washed and changed the soil in all of her plants washed her cage, her cover, pt new plastic on. Now she's doing this weird blinking thing... like an over exaggerated blink. I have a mist king mister that I've doubled and lengthened the misting sessions, hoping to rinse her body of any residue... I have some eye drops but she is being really mean and rude since the fire so I've opted to leave her covered and limit my interaction with her. She still cruises around her enclosure like normal. But she will not eat anything and she started climbing on the roof of her enclosure. Thoughts? Advice?

How much smoke? I would honestly be more worried about it damaging her lungs. They have extremely fragile respiratory system.

Can you post some pics of her and the enclosure? I would not cover her cage. She needs full air flow and this may cause additional stress.

Back
Top Bottom