Skin issue

Jesushatesteve

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Panther, male, 1.5 years old, had him since he was 3-4 months old
  • Handling - several times a week
  • Feeding - Locust staple, gut fed on veggies, calcium and reptivite
  • Supplements - calcium from a pet store, reptivite with and without d3
  • Watering - spray enclosure 3-4 times daily, dripper used twice a week, regularly drinks from spray directly

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Repti breeze XL
  • Lighting - Mercury vapour bulb, 8am - 8pm
  • Temperature - approx 38 degrees basking spot, ambient from 32- 26 thermometer dial and probe
  • Humidity - 70%-75%, never below 60%, naturally humid area/house + regular spraying, hygrometer dial
  • Placement - no fans or vents, near front door which is facing a busy road, about 6ft from the floor at the hghest point
  • Location - Edinburgh

Current Problem - Dry, hard area on his back, protrudes slightly form his skin. Appeared while i was out of town for a few days. Hasn't grown in size or affected his usual feeding habits or temperament in 4 days. IMG_20170809_200348990.jpg
IMG_20170809_200508594_BURST008.jpg

i have the same exact thing! and i noticed mine after i came back from a week long trip too. i just don't know if it was there before i left or not. i reached out to the breeder i got my guy from, the Kammers, and he said it looks minore but to go to a vet to be certain. I'm still trying to get a vet appt tho. but yes, no change in behavior that i've observed.

@ahood tagging you on this. does yours look like this too?

The closeup is too blurry to tell. Papilloma is something to be aware of. There are some threads with good pictures for comparison.

Your temps seem to be a bit high. 38 Celsius would be 100 Fahrenheit. Your basking spot should be 85-90 f. And your ambient temps should be 75-80 f. Also how often are you using each of those supplements. You should be using a calcium without d3 most feedings. A calcium with d3 twice a month. And a multi vitamin twice a month.

Your temps seem to be a bit high. 38 Celsius would be 100 Fahrenheit. Your basking spot should be 85-90 f. And your ambient temps should be 75-80 f. Also how often are you using each of those supplements. You should be using a calcium without d3 most feedings. A calcium with d3 twice a month. And a multi vitamin twice a month.
The supplementation is almost exactly as you suggest.

i have the same exact thing! and i noticed mine after i came back from a week long trip too. i just don't know if it was there before i left or not. i reached out to the breeder i got my guy from, the Kammers, and he said it looks minore but to go to a vet to be certain. I'm still trying to get a vet appt tho. but yes, no change in behavior that i've observed.

@ahood tagging you on this. does yours look like this too?
Yes, looks just like that. I went to a vet and she said increase humidity, but the only way to really know is to take a sample and send it to the lab, but I don't want them to actually have to cut a sample of his skin :/

Back
Top Bottom