Should I be worried now?!

fuzzhc

Ok its been over a week now and there is still no sign of laying. She is still eating and drinking though and looking very fat. I have also got her cage covered up with a white bed sheet so she can't see anyone else. When should it become a vet trip?

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

Edit: she isn't doing much roaming at all. I've not seen her down the bottom of the cage since over a week ago and she tends to sit mid way or under the basking light.

Hi, how long has she been gravid. Typically, a female will have a appetite when she is not ready to lay.

What do you have for a lying site? Size, substrate, etc..

Hey there.

I'd say just over a week now since I noticed her dark colours and some roaming down the bottom. For a laying bin I have a standard sized bucket filled with damp washed play sand. She used it a few months back when laying. If she is still eating does this mean she still has a while yet before laying?

Appetite is not a fail safe way to tell but typically females will stop eating when they are close to laying. I have had some eat all the way to the day of laying. Lay and then eat directly after. So there is no true standard but somethings are considered "typical".

If she is already use to the set up you currently have. I would say she just needs a more time. Keep her hydrated and under good UVB.

Thanks alot that puts my mind to ease a bit more :p. Hopefully I'll get used to this laying business and stop panicking so much lol. She seems bigger today but just ate 3 dubia roaches heavily dusted, not wanting to give her too much just now or would that be a good thing if I did?

Great! Good luck!
I am in the same situation with my veiled,but I'm still waiting for her to dig...
Oh, does your have constipation problem when she is with eggs?

Great! Good luck!
I am in the same situation with my veiled,but I'm still waiting for her to dig...
Oh, does your have constipation problem when she is with eggs?

Thanks! Hope all goes well with your vieled too!

I'm not too sure if it's constipation but she has been doing the toilet every few days and they have been HUGE lol :eek:

Back
Top Bottom