Should i be concerned?1

irisnoclaws

I've had my veiled chameleon for almost a year now and when I got her she was a little less than 9 months, so she is just coming up on a year and 8 months. I've heard that even though females eggs aren't fertilized they still lay the eggs? if this is true when do they start doing this, what are the signs I should look out for and how do I help her through the process? thanks!

Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, ive had her almost a year.
Handling - as often as possible, sometimes once a week.
Feeding - Mostly crickets, occasional worms. She eats about 7 daily or every other day. Gut loaded crickets, dusted worms.
Supplements - petsmart chameleon calcium
Watering - I have a home made dripper in the cage, she drinks from often, I mist 3 times daily for about 2-3 mins.
Fecal Description - brown and white coloration. Solid.
History - the owner that had her before me did NOT do a good job caring for her at all, almost all of her claws are warn down, so she doesn't have a very tight grip at all.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Glass screen combo, but very soon she will be in a home made(background mostly)screen cage.
Lighting - UVB exo terra 5.0 bulb with a basking light off to the side of her cage.
Temperature - its around 70-75 degrees in her cage with the humidity.
Humidity - seems to stay around 50% sometimes gets up to 60 or close to it.
Plants - fake.
Placement - She sits in my room, the top of her cage sits a little less than a foot above eye level(I stand at 5ft 6inch)
Location - the grand canyon state!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
She could do it at any time and you are probably lucky she has not already. They can lay eggs from about 5 months on. You should have a laying bin in your cage at all times. They can decrease their appetite or completely stop eating, get restless and pace up and down the cage looking for a place to lay, and the obvious symptom is they will look fat.

bradley

It sounds as if your supplementation schedule needs to be improved also.

The schedule most people use is:
Plain calcium every feed
Calcium with D3 twice a month
A multivitamin with no d3 twice a month.

irisnoclaws

well thanks for your guys' help but sadly she passed away a few days ago, no clue from what she was looking really good the days leading up to and then all of a sudden I found her on the floor :(:(

Top Bottom