Shorts to work?

saltwaterguy02

So I work in a office that has a dress code of Business casual Monday – Thursday, and Friday is casual day where we can wear jeans. It’s not a very strict dress code and no one really cares if your wearing jeans on a Monday ect. So it’s been getting very hot here and I have seen women wearing shorts or skirts to work. So I thought I would wear my shorts today. Well no less then two hours our CEO gave me the once over and told my manager that I was wearing shorts to work. So then my manager had to talk to HR about the dress code and if what I was wearing was ok to work. Im still waiting on what the verdict is. I just think that its funny that. women are aloud to wear shorts, skirts, spaghetti tops, yet a man cant wear shorts???

Back In The Day my mother was sent home from work for daring to show up in (nice, dressy) pants instead of a dress (filing books in a library. That was closed to the public for the summer. So nobody would have seen her.). Just shows how things have changed.

I ask my staff not to wear short skirts or short shorts, or long but unprofessional looking shorts, ripped jeans, or flip-flops instead of shoes, or low cut/unbuttoned tops (on men or women) etc. Our dress code is unofficial, and not overly strict, but really one is working not playing or going to a night club and should dress according to the environment. If you are in a professional environment, dress professionally, regardless of your gendre.

You should encourage the manager and HR department to consider the dress of your coworkers as well, if it is inappropriate. You should not be singled out.

Idk, I agree it sucks that you were singled out.

It sucks, but you still dont want to ruin it for everyone.

I feel for you mate.

I work in a school which like most schools over here are full of women. This time of year it is really warm and stuffy! I am still walking around in trousers while the ladies are allowed to wear knee length skirts so they can get air to their legs. If i came in wearing knee length shorts, even if they are the cut off type trousers i would more than likely be sent home to change :(

It really isnt fair

If the ladies in your office are wearing shorts then by right you should be allowed too. Haha or turn up wearing a skort (its a mans skirt apparently)

Back
Top Bottom