Heat lamp fiasco

Bazelthechameleon

Avid Member
Kinda freaking out over here. I woke up this morning and saw Bazel’s basking lamp wasn’t on. I assumed the bulb had blew so I switched it out for my spare but it still isn’t working. After plugging it into a ton of different outlets and trying to work out what was wrong I concluded that the fixture stopped working. The new fixture won’t deliver until Thursday! Which means I also can’t feed him until Thursday because I’ll have no heat. I’m gonna try to run to the local pet store when it opens and see if they have anything (even if it’s low quality) to hold him over until Thursday because it is pretty chilly here. I know he’ll probably be fine but I’m still very worried about him.

Do you have other lighting on the cage? Like additional lights for plants? Because even if it is in the high 70's below them he will be able to digest food. And you do not have to stress the lamp. I do not remember what other fixtures you have though.

Do you have other lighting on the cage? Like additional lights for plants? Because even if it is in the high 70's below them he will be able to digest food. And you do not have to stress the lamp. I do not remember what other fixtures you have though.
Yes! I have a linear UVB and a plant light. I ended up going to the pet store and got a temporary new fixture until the good one comes.

Back
Top Bottom