SHES DIGGING!

OMG you guys! I’m so excited and nervous! And of course I needed to slide her onto a new table today! Guess I won’t be doing that! Right now she’s gotten to the bottom of the bin and sounds like she’s trying to dig to china.
Yay!! Good luck, I hope it goes well!!

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Will she ever stop trying to dig through the bin? It sounds exhausting. She’s made it to the bottom. Ugh. It’s like going into real labor😂
I'm not the right person to ask unfortunately. However, how deep is her bin? Did you make it deep enough!? I believe it should be like 6 inches? I don't quite remember.

It may just be something they do, but I do wonder if it has something to do with the depth.

@Beman or @MissSkittles would know :)

I'm not the right person to ask unfortunately. However, how deep is her bin? Did you make it deep enough!? I believe it should be like 6 inches? I don't quite remember.

It may just be something they do, but I do wonder if it has something to do with the depth.

@Beman or @MissSkittles would know :)
It’s about 6inches. After she’s done doing her thing I think I will add some more stuff.

Take a deep breath, it's possible she is just digging a "test" hole. Try to stay out of sight when peeking in on her.
She’s in a spot where I can barely see her tail poking out. There’s so many plant leaves in front. Oh I hope she will be okay.

It’s about 6inches. After she’s done doing her thing I think I will add some more stuff.
I wouldn't do that if you have 6"! I wouldn't touch ANYTHING in there during this time.

What I do remember is they REALLY appreciate their privacy during this time. I think you should leave it as is. I can't imagine it's not deep enough with 6" in there. I'd sit back, and let her do her thing.

I wouldn't do that if you have 6"! I wouldn't touch ANYTHING in there during this time.

What I do remember is they REALLY appreciate their privacy during this time. I think you should leave it as is. I can't imagine it's not deep enough with 6" in there. I'd sit back, and let her do her thing.
I mean when she’s done with this clutch. I’m not messing with her area until she’s completely done. I can hear her scratching in there though.

You’ll know she’s done when she’s back in her usual basking spot and all of her holes are fully covered. Feed her very well and try to give some hornworms (and silkworms if you can get them) to help rehydrate her. After a couple of days of that, resume/start her diet. :) Don’t forget to remove the eggs and count them.

You’ll know she’s done when she’s back in her usual basking spot and all of her holes are fully covered. Feed her very well and try to give some hornworms (and silkworms if you can get them) to help rehydrate her. After a couple of days of that, resume/start her diet. :) Don’t forget to remove the eggs and count them.
I think she fell asleep in there. Camera hasn’t had any lizard motion on it. It’s really hard to not look and check in on her😂

So 6 inches is all you want. They will typically dig all the way down. So you do not want to add even more depth or it just makes it so they have to dig even further.

She may sleep in her hole or come back out and then go back down. you do not want to mess with her at all during this process just let her dig and then finish laying. Once she has completely filled in the hole and gone back up you can offer a long misting session so she can drink and help get the substrate off her. And you will feed her well this next week so she can get her energy back up.

So 6 inches is all you want. They will typically dig all the way down. So you do not want to add even more depth or it just makes it so they have to dig even further.

She may sleep in her hole or come back out and then go back down. you do not want to mess with her at all during this process just let her dig and then finish laying. Once she has completely filled in the hole and gone back up you can offer a long misting session so she can drink and help get the substrate off her. And you will feed her well this next week so she can get her energy back up.
Do I need to give her calcium with d3 for a couple days? The girl I got her from said to but I wasn’t sure.

Back
Top Bottom