SHES DIGGING!

I could never have a female dude. Spaghetti causes me enough stress 😅
😂 I wouldn’t get one again. I got her because this lady was rehoming her so it was an impulse buy basically, but I had been interested and looking into it for a few years anyway. If I was to get another I would get a male panther probably. I still love her though and hope to give her the best life.

I know you’ll still worry - I totally get it! But with proper husbandry the risks of having egg laying problems is greatly reduced. Don’t forget to recover the eggs and count them.
I think I’ll do that in the morning. I was trying to give her some extra time besides going in to feed her. I still had the cover up and I’m going to take it off tomorrow

38 eggs! I expected at least 30 because I only cut down on her food like two weeks ago. Also that’s how she slept last night.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.jpeg
    IMG_7538.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7536.jpeg
    IMG_7536.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 27
Also she lightened in color and started coming down when I was digging. Do they have that instinct to protect the eggs? I thought since they’re solitary they just laid them and left forever.

Also she lightened in color and started coming down when I was digging. Do they have that instinct to protect the eggs? I thought since they’re solitary they just laid them and left forever.
Well my girl also keeps an eye on the spot for at least a week. 38 is a big number, but everything went well this time and you cut her back already, next time will be better. She looks good, great girl and proud mommy

Well my girl also keeps an eye on the spot for at least a week. 38 is a big number, but everything went well this time and you cut her back already, next time will be better. She looks good, great girl and proud mommy
How long would it take to know if she was still holding onto some? She probably isn’t but I’m still anxious about it and I don’t want to unnecessarily take her in and stress her out because I’m paranoid😂

How long would it take to know if she was still holding onto some? She probably isn’t but I’m still anxious about it and I don’t want to unnecessarily take her in and stress her out because I’m paranoid😂
Hard to tell, only an x-ray can rule this out. But, basically if she isn't disturbed during the process, they should be laying all the eggs. Unless there're eggs undeveloped which where difficult to lay (but the eggs on the picture look normal). I would closely monitor her for any signs of distress, but that would be my personal choice. She was all thin and wrinkled? Then it should be good and after 1 or 2 days she be back to her bright receptive colors.

Hard to tell, only an x-ray can rule this out. But, basically if she isn't disturbed during the process, they should be laying all the eggs. Unless there're eggs undeveloped which where difficult to lay (but the eggs on the picture look normal). I would closely monitor her for any signs of distress, but that would be my personal choice. She was all thin and wrinkled? Then it should be good and after 1 or 2 days she be back to her bright receptive colors.
Very wrinkly and thin afterwards. They were all like squishy firm if that makes sense and no deformities so I’m guessing she made them all fine. She’s moving around well. Her colors were darker until I started digging the eggs out. Eating good. I let loose a bunch of flies and gave a few extra dubia. When I get my silks and hornworms in I’ll give her a few and then go back to feeding every other day.

That is a bit high on the egg count, but next time should be less. Stella usually lays in the mid 30’s, but only once a year so it kind of is excusable to me.

That is a bit high on the egg count, but next time should be less. Stella usually lays in the mid 30’s, but only once a year so it kind of is excusable to me.
In one of the Facebook groups someone had theirs lay in the 60s! I expect next time to be less as well and less stressful for me. I’m hoping for the 20s. I really should’ve cut back on food a lot sooner.

In one of the Facebook groups someone had theirs lay in the 60s! I expect next time to be less as well and less stressful for me. I’m hoping for the 20s. I really should’ve cut back on food a lot sooner.
It’s hard to know when to reduce their food as we want them to have enough nutrition to grow fully. I think you’ve both done very good. 🥰 The FB person whose cham had 60+ eggs needs to cut back on their girls food. I gave the egg reduction info once on FB and got such a negative reaction…not even gonna try there anymore.

It’s hard to know when to reduce their food as we want them to have enough nutrition to grow fully. I think you’ve both done very good. 🥰 The FB person whose cham had 60+ eggs needs to cut back on their girls food. I gave the egg reduction info once on FB and got such a negative reaction…not even gonna try there anymore.
Oh I know. I try not to comment too much in the groups. I’ll never comment in the Reddit group😂
That was the hardest part about cutting back, I want her to be healthy and happy and full. Also it was part of every morning routine. Now that I ripped the bandaid off it’s not so bad.

I have been following this tread and so glad to see she laid the eggs! 🥳

I didn’t notice anyone comment on getting her weight regularly. With my female I weigh her weekly once she is done with her receptive period so I know when she becomes gravid (she doesn’t show the typical colors). Normally she will gain 4-5 grams in about a 2 week span (this will be different for other females). This weight gain is dispite her feeding schedule staying the same. My girl is pretty tiny, normally around 55-56g. I have found the reduction in feeders has significantly reduced her clutch size. Last clutch back in January she was max 60g, not sure how many she laid bc I couldn’t find them (bioactive bin). And just for context her very first clutch was 33 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom