she ate from my hand!!!!

little leaf

Avid Member
I know this is not a big deal to some- but to me - ITS HUGE :D you must understand , I have only ever had very sick little chams come to me - I never even had a cham eat more then 3 crickets EVER in my house- that is how sick they came to me - so to have a healthy cham - and now she is settling in so nice for me- I have been giving her her "space" - but when I was putting in a few crix just now- she came near to my hand, so I paused, and SHE ATE ONE OFF MY HAND :D lol I am so happy :p I know- I am a dork - lol

Yes you are a dork,;) but I have taught you well. Olive is on she schedule not yours. Honestly you are doing great with her. I like to think I helped but it is really you doing all of it. Congrats.

I think hand feeding chameleons is so special too. I am a bit of a dork too tho lol ~ Congrats :D

lol- yes, that is why I am so excited, I did not think this day would be for MOS - it was all HER idea to come to me- and eat :D but I shall not push it- lol but I cant wait for feeding time again - she is already demanding more crix - but sorry Olive...got to wait ~ dont want her to get a tummy ache ;) but she still refused any worm of any type- they are still in her feed cups-

Nice! Im a dork too I guess :rolleyes:
my little one ate four crickets from my hand soon after I got him, but hes has not done it since, maybe he was just really hungry haha

Definitely hand feeding is my favorite interaction with chameleons :D Congrats! I think you have a special connection to chams, they develop trust in you very quickly!

Definitely hand feeding is my favorite interaction with chameleons :D Congrats! I think you have a special connection to chams, they develop trust in you very quickly!

aww - thanks , that is very kind of you to say-
I am really trying very hard to do what is best for her , like giving her space she needs to settle in , even tho it is VERY hard - lol I could just sit and watch her all day long- but she does not like for me to look at her much even , so I just do what is needed , and go away ( feelings hurt :p) so today, she showed me she is starting to accept me , made me feel so good, but wont push it- dont want to wreck a good thing :D

Yes you are a dork,;) but I have taught you well. Olive is on she schedule not yours. Honestly you are doing great with her. I like to think I helped but it is really you doing all of it. Congrats.

you have been such a help Laurie- with Gail, and now Olive- I can not thank you enough :) you told me just wait until I get a cham who is NOT sick- how much different it will be, it is BETTER than I could have ever thought :D
I do keep thinking about the poor sick panther, but I dont think he is even still here in this world, and I owe it to Olive to only take what I can manage at the time, and IF she is in a " Motherly way " ...will have my hands very full ( then you will reallllllly get the phone calls from me- not that you don't now :p)

I thank ALL who have helped me so much :)

so cool! cant wait for my little guy to grow up a little bit so i can attempt the hand feeding.. he's so tiny right now (month and a half) i don't want to push it. DORKS UNITE!

Count me into dorkdom too then, I love to hand feed my guyz :D

Little Smidgie is still shy and scared, but he is my only one that doesnt
want to come near me.
It's taking extra time to "tame" him, but the day he does snatch food out
of my hand there will be one very happy and excitted geeky reptile dork indeed :D

Count me into dorkdom too then, I love to hand feed my guyz :D

Little Smidgie is still shy and scared, but he is my only one that doesnt
want to come near me.
It's taking extra time to "tame" him, but the day he does snatch food out
of my hand there will be one very happy and excitted geeky reptile dork indeed :D

l:Dl - that is just how I was- glad my hubby was not home to see my "happy dork dance" :p

Congratulations!

I hand feed my male chameleon almost every day because he is blind in his right eye. He now has some aiming problems but can still nail crickets (sometimes takes 2 shots)

Because of his problem aiming I got bit once. He shot at the Hornworm I was holding and got my thumb instead. Those tongues are super sticky!

I think it scared both of us.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom