How do baby veiled chams usually react to misting? Mine gets annoyed

Hi, just as some side context, my baby is currently facing some health issues that are being resolved on a different thread, everything I mention here are things she did BEFORE she was sick.

So I was curious how chams, especially baby veiled typically react to misting? My cham has learned to recognize the spray bottle and starts climbing away whenever I get it out. I originally thought she just didn't like getting wet and so I started to avoid her body whenever misting. But now, her favorite sleeping spot IS DIRECTLY UNDER HER DRIPPER so the droplets hit her back as she sleeps. So what gives? The spray is fine mist, and not loud at all, nor any colder than the dripper water. So is this normal for chams or is she just being a diva?

Hi, just as some side context, my baby is currently facing some health issues that are being resolved on a different thread, everything I mention here are things she did BEFORE she was sick.

So I was curious how chams, especially baby veiled typically react to misting? My cham has learned to recognize the spray bottle and starts climbing away whenever I get it out. I originally thought she just didn't like getting wet and so I started to avoid her body whenever misting. But now, her favorite sleeping spot IS DIRECTLY UNDER HER DRIPPER so the droplets hit her back as she sleeps. So what gives? The spray is fine mist, and not loud at all, nor any colder than the dripper water. So is this normal for chams or is she just being a diva?
Well I’d say she’s a Diva either way, but that sounds normal. My girl HATES misting with a passion! She runs away whenever the water starts to spray.
Your girl might just have some preferences against the scary misting bottle. It all sounds pretty normal to me :)

Well I’d say she’s a Diva either way, but that sounds normal. My girl HATES misting with a passion! She runs away whenever the water starts to spray.
Your girl might just have some preferences against the scary misting bottle. It all sounds pretty normal to me :)
Definitely a Diva at heart! But I'm glad this isn't uncommon for chams :)

Spray bottles have a much harder mist. Most chams especially young ones do not like it. This is why most of us run Mistking automated systems. THey have an extremely fine misting head. So the mist is in no way a hard spray.

Back
Top Bottom