Sending off

Oh yeah he drank on his own about 15 secs this morning after sleeping. I put the rag down next to him and he freaked out lol which was a total accident but at least we know he moves and now he's just chilling eyes open in the bin. He hasn't climbed yet which I'm still afraid of

I would watch him closely and let him back in his cage. The hospital bin may stress him out further, and the rag is unnecessary at this point. If his grip is good I would carefully watch him and let him try to go back to his routine to minimize stress.

I would watch him closely and let him back in his cage. The hospital bin may stress him out further, and the rag is unnecessary at this point. If his grip is good I would carefully watch him and let him try to go back to his routine to minimize stress.
Yeah problem is that His grip is still very weak, might transfer him back to his cage once he shows me that he can climb without falling. I'm going to try and offer food which I don't think he'll take. The rag I was just putting down to let dry but yes unnessecary at this point. Apollo is familiar with the hospital bin as I use it for transportation when he needs to be boarded or seen by the vet so I don't think it should cause a great deal of stress but I am going to transfer him back to his cage latest tomorrow

I'm so glad that Apollo turned it around! Heat stroke is scary. I'd keep him in a hospital set up until he regains his balance, and possibly look into a thermostat in case something like this happens again. I'm rooting for you guys!!

I'm so glad that Apollo turned it around! Heat stroke is scary. I'd keep him in a hospital set up until he regains his balance, and possibly look into a thermostat in case something like this happens again. I'm rooting for you guys!!
thank you! yes hes starting to move more, I will definitely be looking into one now!

It’s has extra electrolytes and vitamins, it’s really good for runs.

I'd have to look at the breakdown. Looks like another electrolyte enhanced solution at first glance, but I don't like the added vitamins.

gatorade? huh???

Specifically, Gatorade G2 at half strength. It's excellent for rehydration, and I used to use it a lot in critically dehydrated baby birds and reptiles. Pedialyte is also a good choice, and less concentrated iirc. It's used less these days in veterinary clinics, but is still widely used by rehabbers.

Badly dehydrated animals are lacking in the salts required to properly absorb and transport water to where it's needed most. Electrolyte solutions help to restore the balance. The best thing would be lactacted ringers, but it's not very palatable and isn't as widely available! LRS is used as IV fluids for both humans and animals, and while it can be given orally it's rarely done.

In any case, it's not a necessity. Can't hurt, might help. Animals suffering from prolonged exposure to heat are often very dehydrated, and can use the pick me up!

I'd have to look at the breakdown. Looks like another electrolyte enhanced solution at first glance, but I don't like the added vitamins.

Specifically, Gatorade G2 at half strength. It's excellent for rehydration, and I used to use it a lot in critically dehydrated baby birds and reptiles. Pedialyte is also a good choice, and less concentrated iirc. It's used less these days in veterinary clinics, but is still widely used by rehabbers.

Badly dehydrated animals are lacking in the salts required to properly absorb and transport water to where it's needed most. Electrolyte solutions help to restore the balance. The best thing would be lactacted ringers, but it's not very palatable and isn't as widely available! LRS is used as IV fluids for both humans and animals, and while it can be given orally it's rarely done.

In any case, it's not a necessity. Can't hurt, might help. Animals suffering from prolonged exposure to heat are often very dehydrated, and can use the pick me up!
I gave him some sweet potato baby food to get some energy in him if that helps lol, he's climbing and back in his cage!

Back
Top Bottom