Sending off

Big and good update... 5:57am as I'm writing this. Haven't slept a wink waiting up with my boy. He slept through the entire night. I did the cloth and he seemed to be ok with it and push some small amounts of water in him every hour or so. He's been hissy and feisty since he's woken up now And has been trying to bite me. Up until this point he hasn't exactly moved from his one position in "the box" but just now he took his first few steps!! Hes also decided that he absolutely hates hands and will not tolerate another cloth even if it helped him.... Normal hissy veiled behavior... Things are looking great imo for a chameleon who's just had a heat stroke!

So good to hear this! Now...make sure he's not going to get another overheating! :)
oh yeah definitely, and I will be taking that door off its hinges so nobody can close it LOL jk. but I'm definitely going to decrease the wattage in the heat bulb for a while.

I blame it on my son. He started it...when he was in college he would go in to classes later in the day...have dinner...work until midnight...do homework until 3 in the morning...so I stayed up too.

What's your excuse? :)

I blame it on my son. He started it...when he was in college he would go in to classes later in the day...have dinner...work until midnight...do homework until 3 in the morning...so I stayed up too.

What's your excuse? :)
haha I blame youtube!! some things you just have to watch u know? like it CANNOT wait til tmr... (even if it will still be there tmr) unfortunately me and my unhealthy obsession with reptiles has created a never ending spiral of omg theres a new reptile video I must watch... LOL :p

0315200743a.jpg

This is where we're currently at. He's moved from one side to the other making himself comfortable and is holding his body weight on his own.

Thats great news! The cloth and water are to get body temp back to normal. Now that it is, and he is alert, no need for further cool rags or watering. If his grip is good, I would put him back in his cage and give a good misting to allow him to drink naturally, and let him relax.

He probably feels a bit ill still, and unsure of what happened (like a hangover). So give him some time to rest and relax, and most importantly, to drink on his own if he needs to.

Thats great news! The cloth and water are to get body temp back to normal. Now that it is, and he is alert, no need for further cool rags or watering. If his grip is good, I would put him back in his cage and give a good misting to allow him to drink naturally, and let him relax.

He probably feels a bit ill still, and unsure of what happened (like a hangover). So give him some time to rest and relax, and most importantly, to drink on his own if he needs to.
Oh yeah he drank on his own about 15 secs this morning after sleeping. I put the rag down next to him and he freaked out lol which was a total accident but at least we know he moves and now he's just chilling eyes open in the bin. He hasn't climbed yet which I'm still afraid of

Back
Top Bottom