Scratches on Female Veiled

hart8000

I have been kinda trying to get my male and female veiled to do the deed so they can procreate, but she doesn't seem quite interested yet. She doesn't go gravid looking or run away but they seem to fight. I put them together about 2 months ago and he kinda gave her some scratches. Since her last shed, they still have dead skin on them, and I would like to know if there is something I can administer to help them heal and not get infected. I mist her regularly with luke warm water and trying not to scare her, I try and get her fairly wet. The shed just seems to cling on and I don't dare pull it off.

Any suggestions?

Can you post a picture of the scratches please?

Is the female gaping, rocking back and forth?
Does her background color go dark?

Here is a pic I found of the scratches, only one I could find without going to take another one.

Yes she does gape and rock back and forth when shown to the male.

Sorry, maybe this one worked

Attachments

• IMG_5088 (1296 x 972).jpg
    IMG_5088 (1296 x 972).jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 98
The gaping and rocking back and forth is indicating that she is not receptive...so don't put them together when she acts like that. She may be working on eggs...do you have a place for her to dig in the cage to show you when she's ready to lay them?

The scratches should have been treated at the time they happened. I'm not sure what will help now....maybe flamazine or silvadene?

Back
Top Bottom