Yellow Flap-Necked Cham

Ma3riska

I am based in South Africa and I have a female Flap Necked Chameleon. She's a few months old now and her normal colors are bright green. Her diet is usually crickets and some meal worms every now and then. Since Tuesday, we couldn't get hold of any Crickets, as they will only be available in the new year. We gave her a superworm, and it look like it bit her when she tried to eat it. Ever since, she doesn't want to eat anything, and she turns golden Yellow, and when you get close to her, she turns green again. Should I be worried?

Sounds like you will need to find other feeder insects for her. She may not go for the superworms again right away due to being bitten. Or try to get very small superworms. Superworms do have a strong bite the larger they are. I only feed them when they are small due to this. Keep an eye on the bite. Mouth injuries are susceptible to infection.

I am based in South Africa and I have a female Flap Necked Chameleon. She's a few months old now and her normal colors are bright green. Her diet is usually crickets and some meal worms every now and then. Since Tuesday, we couldn't get hold of any Crickets, as they will only be available in the new year. We gave her a superworm, and it look like it bit her when she tried to eat it. Ever since, she doesn't want to eat anything, and she turns golden Yellow, and when you get close to her, she turns green again. Should I be worried?

Sounds like you will need to find other feeder insects for her. She may not go for the superworms again right away due to being bitten. Or try to get very small superworms. Superworms do have a strong bite the larger they are. I only feed them when they are small due to this. Keep an eye on the bite. Mouth injuries are susceptible to infection.

Yes, she refused to eat the superworms and we took them out and tried feeding her a few crickets, but she didn't want to eat them either. Could the yellowness be because she's hungry?

You can also let the superworms grow into a beetle. My parsons loves them, unfortunately for now it isn’t to use for you. Just don’t throw them away and let them grow into beetles.

When she’s yellow, is she all yellow or does she have yellow spots?
It starts like this. And then she turns green again.
20231228_133101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom