REPTAID new organic anti-parasite/health boost formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering, if it is okay to use the med via brushing on the feeder instead of ingestion by force?

just wondering, if it is okay to use the med via brushing on the feeder instead of ingestion by force?

I have placed the drops on the outside of a feeder via the needleless syringe. You just have to be sure you get it into the chameleon right away. Injecting into dubias was the easiest feeder application (using needled syringe). Silkworms didn't work too well- it tended to just leak out. Large crickets worked.

Last edited:
Is this stuff any good against URI

I have used it on a rescue cham that was showing signs of URI, and the cham improved and became fine and healthy. This chameleon was not actually diagnosed with URI, just showed signs of it- and the cham was healthy otherwise and was eating and drinking normally. I also put a mild heat lamp over his area at night (recommended by the vet) to keep his temps a little higher than the normal cool nightime temps.

We also have taken a cham with URI to the vet. That cham did not look good overall.

It's a judgment call and I would not want to recommend against a vet trip for a cham that has a respiratory infection.

But, in all honesty, and personally, if it were my cham, and I caught the very early signs of respiratory illness, I would try the Reptaid first for a couple of days. But that's me. And that's because I really believe in the stuff and have seen it work wonders for a cham's immune system.

Shipping to Canada $4.50 1st cl or $12.50 priority (USD)

Any idea if it is available in Canada?:confused:

I don't believe it is available within Canada yet. Our price for shipping to Canada is $12.50 via international priority, or you could do $4.50 for international first class mail.

Just ordered mine also. :D It will be nice to know it's there for me if or when I need it. The best offense is a good defense.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for your orders. We're shipping out at least another 6 purchases today.

Just a note:
Be sure to clean the syringe after each use. When using with a Chameleon that has coccidia, we clean with an ammonia/water solution. One part ammonia to ten parts water. Other options are bleach and water, at the same ratio, or alcohol, or hot soap and water, depending on the type of infection. Clean both parts of the syringe separately, and always rinse very thoroughly with plenty of running water.

It is best to keep separate syringes for each animal, using permanent marker to mark each syringe with the animal's name. If you use the same syringe for a group of animals you risk cross contamination. Wash, disinfect, and sterilize thoroughly between chams.

Don't forget- thoroughly sanitize the animal's enclosure following treatment.

wow, very interesting choice of ingredients especially since I've lately been reading tons on the health benefits of olive leaf and am also pretty familiar with GSE, cloves and pau d'arco, but incorporating these things into reptile treatments/preventions is a very cool idea and as far as I know you are the first to do something like this on a commercial scale so I wish you much success with this! If this stuff is as good as it looks I could definately see it becoming another staple in one's reptile supplement arsenal

Have you guys or the formulators ever played with the idea of using things like garlic, cayenne or oil of oregano in the formula?

also what would be a recommended or general human dosage? I know I'll wanna try some when I order lol

My husband and I both take oil of oregano every night. We had joked about giving oil of oregano to the chameleons, but were afraid the taste and "burn" would cause them too much stress.

We have spoken to the manufacturers about packaging a formula of Reptaid for larger animals. A local herp keeper here used Reptaid on an ailing Veiled cham, and was so impressed he also tried it on an ailing 2000gram snake. But the amount he had to try to give to the snake made administering the product basically undoable.

As for humans? In it's current formulation, I believe it would take 680ml (about 23 ounces) to treat a 150lb animal (human or otherwise :)).

And, yes, we (and others) have talked about taking Reptaid ourselves.

wow, very interesting choice of ingredients especially since I've lately been reading tons on the health benefits of olive leaf and am also pretty familiar with GSE, cloves and pau d'arco, but incorporating these things into reptile treatments/preventions is a very cool idea and as far as I know you are the first to do something like this on a commercial scale so I wish you much success with this! If this stuff is as good as it looks I could definately see it becoming another staple in one's reptile supplement arsenal

Have you guys or the formulators ever played with the idea of using things like garlic, cayenne or oil of oregano in the formula?

also what would be a recommended or general human dosage? I know I'll wanna try some when I order lol

We have used it for that. The manufacturer also recommends using it when an animal is going to be placed in a high stress/high exposure setting- such as when doing a reptile show.

Or moving! (Im moving in like 6 weeks) :D I was worried about the stress of moving on my guy and hopefully this will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom