New Arrival: Bringing home a new Chameleon

My cham came from a very well known breeder and she was loaded with parasites. I took her to the vet for a new check and fecal within a week of buying her; before she came into contact with anything that my other cham might come into contact with.

The same happened to me , and quite a few others from the same breeder. That is what motivated me to write it up.

Thank you Ryan. I still think this needs to be stickied. Blogs are good, but new guys may not know about them. I didn't know until Catherine started hers.

This needs to be read by new guys as they are looking for info in the other stickies.

Excellent Ryan, Particularly the section titled "Preventing Re-infection and Cross Contamination"

Imo that should be among the ABC's pushed by the kittyblog fans, and linked in the big questionaire 'read this' etc.
Just as important as correct husbandry, infact, a major part of it, too often overlooked.
If somebody has their animal they just bought in a glass or innappropriate cage with sand, waterbowl etc etc, chances are they never dreamed of standard hygene practices either.

Back
Top Bottom