Prices

Duh, didn't you read my post? I'M a dirty farm veiled breeder! Obviously I'm the one who supplies the market with my dirty farm veiled babies! I have monopolized the dirty farm veiled baby industry!!!! ALMIGHTY KARA!

Geeze Jared! Get it right! :p

he's talking about the exported farm veiled industry. Geeze Kara, get it right. :p

Harry

I do that too! :D it's my monopoly I tell you! ;) Its my undercover business. You'll never know where I'm really stationed. This business is where the money is at! I feel bad for you suckers who went to college.

I do that too! :D it's my monopoly I tell you! ;) Its my undercover business. You'll never know where I'm really stationed. This business is where the money is at! I feel bad for you suckers who went to college.

I totally understand. yet don't tell Jared that I'm back from the north pole. oh, and Santa is so pissed off at him too. :eek:

Harry

The market is packed with imported farm veileds

The reptile industry is EXTREMELY fragmented, its not what you think it is, just cause pet shop claims its CB, does not mean its CB, they dont even know what they are buying themselves! There are plenty of CB chams this is true, and for the people who take the time to look, its not a problem. Everyone seems to think I am crazy for saying most veiled chams are imports, but its the truth.

LoL! No, that is not the truth. People want to get ~real~ WC veileds, not FL WC. Now if you mean that alot of Veileds for sale are FL WC, you are still wrong, not a ton of those as well when you look at how many are CB. If you KNOW that most are real WC from the other side of the world then please let me know as I would like some.

Il see an importer on sunday, il make an another thread, sorry texas panther man, il keep out of this
thread

Okaaaaaay. Should someone start a new thread about the veileds then? Or are you okay with that convo, just not the silly-ness?

I think we should start a new thread on the wc veileds. I was going to post about that myself and I couldnt after I had told everyone to stay on topic.:eek:

I think we should start a new thread on the wc veileds. I was going to post about that myself and I couldnt after I had told everyone to stay on topic.:eek:

first off, I want to thank you for starting this thread.

while there has been a great amount of info posted in this thread, I'm not sure what else there is to say. after all, Quadzilla has spoken, and there is not much else to say on top of that.

Harry

first off, I want to thank you for starting this thread.

while there has been a great amount of info posted in this thread, I'm not sure what else there is to say. after all, Quadzilla has spoken, and there is not much else to say on top of that.

Harry

Hey I def have no beef with Quadzilla. He's def the MAN. lol

Btw: where did you get him from? He looks friggin awesome man! :cool:

Hey I def have no beef with Quadzilla. He's def the MAN. lol

Btw: where did you get him from? He looks friggin awesome man! :cool:

I got him from an importer located in NJ. the guy was super honest too. sent me photos of him first and wanted to give me a discount if I took the female he had too. but I had a LTWC female for him already and was broke.

as with most imports, he came in with some cuts and bruises. but bounced back super fast. that photo was only about a month or so after I got him. it took a lot of care to get him that way, but was well worth it.
he ate from my fingers right out of the box...he loves people. he says he wants you to come to NYC to see him and feed him a butterfly. :D

Harry

I got him from an importer located in NJ. the guy was super honest too. sent me photos of him first and wanted to give me a discount if I took the female he had too. but I had a LTWC female for him already and was broke.

as with most imports, he came in with some cuts and bruises. but bounced back super fast. that photo was only about a month or so after I got him. it took a lot of care to get him that way, but was well worth it.
he ate from my fingers right out of the box...he loves people. he says he wants you to come to NYC to see him and feed him a butterfly. :D

Harry

Maybe one day I will take him up on that man. I could bring him some good ole Texas green hoppers. My crew loves em. They are all mad right now cuz its too cold to catch any. I had to get em some bb flies to substitute for their hoppers this month. They will eat crickets but I swear they act like Im feeding them liver & onions or something. lol Damn spoiled lixards....

GIVE ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

Dear Stupid Human,

I demand Texas Hoppers NOW!!!
FEED ME!!!
this guy makes me starve with all the crickets, horns, silks, and painted lady tails!!!!
I'm starving, I'm telling you!!
the shit is too scared to even give me a dubia. he wont even touch them. he says it freaks him out.
HELP!!!!! I'm starving for some hoppers!!!!!!!!

4834973760_2853d202a2_z.jpg

Quadzilla

I've spent the last two years trying to acquire and cultivate my Giant Fischer's (Kinyongia Matschiei.) There is little to no information from other keepers here in the US and only one other guy that keeps over in the Netherlands. The only resources I had available to me was time and money. Money for buying the WCs, money for meds, money for husbandry essentials, incubators, time time time money money money. I thank God everyday He blessed me with a patient and supportive wife.;)

I've researched all the points of sale for WCs in US (or what I "think I know") and from experience I can tell you there are probably imports of Giant Fischer's every 2-5 years. That means that I must be willing to lower the price on my young CBs if I am to sell the whole clutch before the next clutch hatches or I run out of room. Now, if I found the right person that could export my CBs to Europe or Asia, that would help...and I would offer my CBs for cheap if I knew I was exporting to experienced keepers.

Just take a look at what Louis (Seeco) had to do with his CB multituberculata. I'll be in the exact same boat...selling gorgeous CB animals with handpicked parents for less than or equal to the same price of a fresh import. ~$40-60 for a multi?! Louis should have been able to sell his for $100.

I've spent the last two years trying to acquire and cultivate my Giant Fischer's (Kinyongia Matschiei.) There is little to no information from other keepers here in the US and only one other guy that keeps over in the Netherlands. The only resources I had available to me was time and money. Money for buying the WCs, money for meds, money for husbandry essentials, incubators, time time time money money money. I thank God everyday He blessed me with a patient and supportive wife.;)

I've researched all the points of sale for WCs in US (or what I "think I know") and from experience I can tell you there are probably imports of Giant Fischer's every 2-5 years. That means that I must be willing to lower the price on my young CBs if I am to sell the whole clutch before the next clutch hatches or I run out of room. Now, if I found the right person that could export my CBs to Europe or Asia, that would help...and I would offer my CBs for cheap if I knew I was exporting to experienced keepers.

Just take a look at what Louis (Seeco) had to do with his CB multituberculata. I'll be in the exact same boat...selling gorgeous CB animals with handpicked parents for less than or equal to the same price of a fresh import. ~$40-60 for a multi?! Louis should have been able to sell his for $100.

Im so glad you posted on this thread and I hope ALL the members read this. Its wonderful to have the perspective of a breeder that actually works with one of the less common species. Its nice hearing in your own words the frustrations I was trying to get across to some of the members here. People that havent bred before really have no idea how much work and time is involved in just gettin the blood lines set up. Thats not even taking into account the time required to actually breed and incubate and raise neonates of a more delicate species.
Im just glad there are people like you dedicated to a particular species. It often takes that kind of dedication to get a cb population going. I hope to grab some of yours and seeco's offspring one day. I just need more space. lol

Im so glad you posted on this thread and I hope ALL the members read this. Its wonderful to have the perspective of a breeder that actually works with one of the less common species. Its nice hearing in your own words the frustrations I was trying to get across to some of the members here. People that havent bred before really have no idea how much work and time is involved in just gettin the blood lines set up. Thats not even taking into account the time required to actually breed and incubate and raise neonates of a more delicate species.
Im just glad there are people like you dedicated to a particular species. It often takes that kind of dedication to get a cb population going. I hope to grab some of yours and seeco's offspring one day. I just need more space. lol

I couldn't have said it better myself. I do hope that in the spring time that my tiny home side job brings in enough to help support some babies from you (Chad).
people have no idea just how much it cost to bring in new or fresh blood of something less known and where the market might not be more then a handfull of people.

I just shipped out some mantids that I hatched and raised up to a reliable shipping size. people have no idea that if it wasn't done out of love for the hobby I wouldn't sell them at all. with all the freebees I included, I made a dollar... ooops, forgot he didn't have food at the last second, so I added a fruitfly cup for free and the shipping came out to $1.95 more then quoted because of this.

how mush did I make again?

Harry

Last edited:
This is by no means unique to Chams.

I don't know how many of you keep other stuff but I'm a hobbyist snake breeder with a couple of Chams.

Some of the species I am interested in such as Drymarchon and Asian Rats sell for MUCH less for WC than CB. But the educated buyer looks for CB and is willing to pay more for them due to much better health and a better chance of breeding them.

The key thing that has to be done is to educate your customers...

This is by no means unique to Chams.

I don't know how many of you keep other stuff but I'm a hobbiest snake breeder with a couple of Chams.

Some of the species I am interested in such as Drymarchon and Asian Rats sell for MUCH less for WC than CB. But the educated buyer looks for CB and is willing to pay more for them due to much better health and a better chance of breeding them.

The key thing that has to be done is to educate your customers...

We are trying Lloyd. Thats why I wanted to start this thread. To show people that unless your a breeder you shouldnt really be looking for those cheaper wc's because not only are you taking a cham from nature. Your also not helping to further expand cb populations.

Dear Stupid Human,

I demand Texas Hoppers NOW!!!
FEED ME!!!
this guy makes me starve with all the crickets, horns, silks, and painted lady tails!!!!
I'm starving, I'm telling you!!
the shit is too scared to even give me a dubia. he wont even touch them. he says it freaks him out.
HELP!!!!! I'm starving for some hoppers!!!!!!!!

4834973760_2853d202a2_z.jpg

Quadzilla

Feed that poor guy Harry he's withering away before our eyes. lol Oh and for the record Quadzilla is the best name for a cham hands down on the forum. All hail Quadzilla he's the king! lol

Back
Top Bottom