Prices

The media could start telling everyone Barry Manilow is cool again and people would eat it up just to be the cool kid on the block who listens to the coolest music.

I don't need media to tell ME that Barry Manilow is cool ;) Completely agree with your rants, however :)

My update,

Well, I've had nothing but bad luck with my quads.

After two years, Quadzillia passed away. He never did it with Garadean and i tried 20 times. He was gay or is because Garadean has never laid eggs and she is 3 yards old now (I got her at 1yo). She It's doing great otherwise.

Rosie laid 1 set of eggs but they were infantile. Shure was then mated to The Beast but sadly died before the eggs were fully developed, It's I would have removed them and prayed.
As old as the Beast is, the is going strong.

I also got a cristatus as a baby WC....he is still small but growing.

As much as i love quads I'm giving up on them. I may go back to partners soon. Who knows.

Damn Harry sorry to hear about the bad luck with your quads. Sucks about Quadzilla he was awesome looking and a pretty good at typing as well :p Good luck with your Cristatus, I plan on trying to get a pair next year.

True it is alot about color.. don't get me wrong I LOVE red barred ambilobe panthers, but I still love my plain green Senegal (Karma). If I were to breed him I doubt anyone would buy the babies. I've only seen Senegals go to around 20 online. I bought him as a CB for 100 though. (What a rip off though, the store I bought him from failed to mention they barely even know what a UVB is, so Karma has slight MBD, not so bad that you can see it, only when he grabs himself alot)

Im glad you had the courage to give us this update Harry. This is a classic example of the perils of working with wc chams.

Earlier this year there was a shipment of falys that came in. There were about 12 or so adult males and some females also. Out of those 12 or so males that came in this March, I can only confirm that 2 of them are still alive in captivity. I know my male is still alive and Ive heard another member still has his male from that group. These were exceptionally good condition wc's too. They could have passed for cb if you didnt know they were wc's. So about 10% of that group actually survived past the first six months in captivity. These were exp'd keepers that were purchasing these guys too. From my research all of them were going to breeders to strengthen & diversify captive bloodlines. So they werent lost due to keeper ignorance.

So when you see that 99.00 mellers adult vs a 350.00 cb baby think about more thanjust the purchase price think about the odds of having long term success with that wc vs the cb. ;)

Back
Top Bottom