Potatoes

That's awesome you do that. I'm with you. Lately, I've had a bad habit of eating out being stressed from this move, but last year we started a little garden of greens. Improving on it now, will probably have a good one going next year that I can use more. I mainly use mine for feeders atm.

Wife has amazon and gets discounts at whole foods, they're expensive, but I find their produce to be high quality. Lasts very long too, doesn't go bad fast. Buying the bunches of stuff isn't too bad either. We also have some smaller places we shop at.

Im on a good chunk of land with few neighbors so I’ve got room. Buy one of those $120 automatic seeders, worth it’s weight in gold. I do summer and winter gardens every year. The first two years weren’t spectacular, like at all. It all came together on year three, almost too much success. I give more of it away than I keep. It’s just me and my son so we couldn’t eat it all even if we wanted too!

Yeah I was raised by a single mother... We attempted camping once when I was about 12... Tiny tent and a flashlight. Let's just say it did not instill a fondness for camping in me lol.

We used to go camping, I loved it. I was always into the woods, swamps, and stuff. I just didn't know anyone that hunted so I never got around to doing it myself.

Im on a good chunk of land with few neighbors so I’ve got room. Buy one of those $120 automatic seeders, worth it’s weight in gold. I do summer and winter gardens every year. The first two years weren’t spectacular, like at all. It all came together on year three, almost too much success. I give more of it away than I keep. It’s just me and my son so we couldn’t eat it all even if we wanted too!

That's so cool I'm jealous, we have a little under an acre here, mostly woods. It's quiet, but there's houses around. Kind of like rural suburbs. I'm a minute away from the highway though which is nice. Anything we could need is within 10 minutes of us.

Definitely going to look into the seeder you mention! I've been wanting to get my own vegetables going.

We used to go camping, I loved it. I was always into the woods, swamps, and stuff. I just didn't know anyone that hunted so I never got around to doing it myself.
I was a total Tom Boy as a child. Climbed trees got into all sorts of trouble. Brought home weird animals and bugs. I think I would have enjoyed camping if it would have been like camping with a fire and smores and well a sleeping bag. lol My mom tried though.

That's frickin great. I tried bow fishing for carp in one of the lakes near my house. It's a blast.
Mostly salmon, and trout fishing for me though up here.

The gar are really just target practice, since they are small and hard to hit. Occasionally I’ll clean them for us but most of the time we bring them to an old man across the bayou, loves them. We actually go after red fish, flounder, and catfish at night.

Bow fishing is straight up hard as hell. No sights, It’s all instinct. We’re you taught how to compensate for the light refraction?

That's so cool I'm jealous, we have a little under an acre here, mostly woods. It's quiet, but there's houses around. Kind of like rural suburbs. I'm a minute away from the highway though which is nice. Anything we could need is within 10 minutes of us.

Definitely going to look into the seeder you mention! I've been wanting to get my own vegetables going.
The most time consuming part of a garden is planting correctly. This LITERALLY makes it 10x faster. I’d pay $200 for one and it would still be a good deal! You just push, it plows, plants, and covers the seed all at the same time. Got to have good, tilled soil though. 8E3FC8AC-B829-4E76-B7AE-8ECAF03E3766.png

I have been camping and fishing since I was 5 but never got into hunting although I would like to.

The gar are really just target practice, since they are small and hard to hit. Occasionally I’ll clean them for us but most of the time we bring them to an old man across the bayou, loves them. We actually go after red fish, flounder, and catfish at night.

Bow fishing is straight up hard as hell. No sights, It’s all instinct. We’re you taught how to compensate for the light refraction?

No not really. Buddy just handed me the bow and said aim for the center. I did manage to hit one after about 20 shots. You're right it is really hard to judge the angles.
It was fun, but I am more of a bait casting guy in the lakes/rivers.

You’re making me miss having a garden. In Massachusetts I had an overly productive vegetable garden and several perennial flower beds. No pesticides, was getting into companion planting. Was excited when I moved to FL at how much my options for planting more tropical things would open up. Bought a house and tried everything repeatedly for several years to have a garden and decorative plants. Even native plants died. Every time I dug, not one earthworm but lots of construction debris and random trash.

I had a garden when I moved into my current house. Have 2 acre backyard all grass. Damn deer ate it all even with a 10' high fence around it. I would see them jump over it from a standstill from my kitchen window. At first I thought rabbits or groundhogs were going under it, but no, just high jumping deer.

No not really. Buddy just handed me the bow and said aim for the center. I did manage to hit one after about 20 shots. You're right it is really hard to judge the angles.
It was fun, but I am more of a bait casting guy in the lakes/rivers.
Lol, your buddy doesn’t know what he’s doing either then. It’s all an optical illusion. I’m sure you’ve seen what happens when you put a pencil in a glass of water, appears broken due to light refraction. Your target is actually higher than where your eyes are telling you it is. You have to compensate for this by aiming above where ever the fish looks like it is. The deeper and further away the fish is the higher you have to aim.

Or you can just cheat like me and put a laser sight on your bow! Lol
D97D8878-A898-4FD2-A0CA-8DFC3F58C8DD.png

Yeah I was raised by a single mother... We attempted camping once when I was about 12... Tiny tent and a flashlight. Let's just say it did not instill a fondness for camping in me lol.
My husband and I camp every other weekend when it's warm, we love it. My son comes sometimes. My daughter is almost twenty and doesn't want to camp with us anymore so she stays home and takes care of the animals and bugs for me.

My husband and I camp every other weekend when it's warm, we love it. My son comes sometimes. My daughter is almost twenty and doesn't want to camp with us anymore so she stays home and takes care of the animals and bugs for me.
I would be open to trying it again, with a fire and a sleeping bag. I froze. It sucked lol

I would be open to trying it again, with a fire and a sleeping bag. I froze. It sucked lol
Yes, sleeping bags are kind of a requirement for camping, lol. I bet there's beautiful camping by where you live!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom