20 Years of Lessons and Memories

JacksJill

Website Manager
Staff member
In honor of twenty wonderful and informative years I thought we could share some of the things we learned here and link to the thread or blog or image or keeper that taught us something about chameleon keeping that we cherish.

I will start but it's going to be hard to pick because for the last seven years as a member and the years I lurked here before that I have gained so much. The most obvious thing I didn't learn on any one page but on too many to count. Chameleon keepers are a diverse group of individuals and a wealth of information. On this site there is someone with the expertise that could help you. Veterinarians like @ferretinmyshoes, biologists like @Olympia and @Chris Anderson, chameleon librarian and archivist and pioneer @kinyonga, folks with specific species experience, veiled @jannb @Beman @MissSkittles, gracillior @jajeanpierre, quadricornis @Motherlode Chameleon @ponders, Calumna brevicorn @SteveH. I could go on forever.
Some of the members I listed don't visit much anymore for reasons of their own but they left us their advice and experience and it's embedded in this site for anyone who wants to search out their posts and blogs. Others are very active and generous with their time and will walk you through the fire until you come out the other side able to help others learn to navigate chameleon keeping.

Thank you all for your contributions and all that were simply to numerous to list in one post. You know who you are.

Thank you @Brad because we need someone to blame when one thing out of the millions that go right goes wrong.

blame-brad.png

You said…”Thank you @Brad because we need someone to blame when one thing out of the millions that go right goes wrong”…I love that @Brad is always there to take the blame! 😉 Just kidding! I really love that @Brad has kept the forum going so well for so many years! Keep up the good work.

This forum certainly has a great group of helpful people who spend many hours trying to help with husbandry and health issues, etc …especially for newbies! May they keep up the good work too!

Great post @JacksJill !!!

So many members answered my questions when I joined 15 years ago. Lynda, kinyonga was my main go to person because she knew so much about veileds and still always willing to help me. Chris Anderson has always helped me with my technical questions and Dayna, ferretinmyshoes, with all my second opinion, vet questions. Chuck, Todd and Steve (no longer active) were awesome when I got my first parsons, back in the day. More recently Becca, Beman, has helped me with all the new lighting, T8, T5 and more.

Everyone contributes to the forums, in one way or another, and I still believe this is the very best place to learn about chameleons.

I love this. Thank you for starting something so positive!

@Beman @MissSkittles @kinyonga @JacksJill

I have been a member on this form for ALMOST a year. I lurked for a few months before joining, and paid attention to how others were treated here. I really appreciate that if someone needs feedback on something in their husbandry, it is said, but most importantly it is said with respect and kindness.

Many of you have spent countless hours with me on my 3 chameleons. I see how much time you all spend on here and support others in need of help so that their chameleons can live better lives. I know most of the time it is a thankless job that you have taken on out of the goodness of your hearts.

I can tell you that there have been many stages in my small time keeping chameleons where I have felt lost, overwhelmed and was freaking out. Thank you for being there for me every step of the way. You make this forum the great place that it is and my chameleon loving heart thanks you for it.

To the other active members that maintain a supportive caring environment here - thank you as well! You also make this place a very special place to be!

I haven’t been here long, but I have gotten so much help from so many people, I have been struck that people just love this hobby so much they will give their time to help, and gain nothing from it. This is such an awesome community and even when I acted like a complete psycho everyone’s been so kind to me, I really appreciate you all and I can’t thank you enough for the invaluable information and knowledge you have shared with me. Just to name a few
@Beman @elizaann2 @MissSkittles @crosscutts and many many more. Thank you everyone for being and thank you @Brad for keeping this place going for so long. Hopefully one day we’ll all be taking about our 10 plus year old chameleons 😊

Back
Top Bottom