First Impressions Arcadia LumenIZE LED Bar & ProT5

naterowley

Established Member
Hi Everyone,

So I just received my LumenIZE lights about 2 hours ago, I have them setup and in place with an initial schedule set!

I ordered from LightYourReptiles, I had to place 2 orders since I decided to add an additional LED bar to the enclosure

1st Order - 1 Pro T5 6% 24" & 1 JungleDawn 39watt 23" Bar 1 Link - $207.97
2nd Order - 1 JungleDawn 39watt 23" Bar 1 Link - $136.58

Total - $344.55

I ordered one wrong link, I Ordered 2 of the LED to T5 link cables but that doesn't play nice linking all 3 lights, not sure on which one I do need to be honest to link my other LED bar to the T5 but I will figure that out with LightYourReptile lol

Everything was packaged very well, I recommend cutting an X on each end of the boxes, and cutting down the seam line horizontally to UNROLL your box so the packing materials don't go flying everywhere @regal81455 Thank You for that tip on the stuffing on each end ;)

The boxes are nice if you like nice boxes :p

IMG_6603 Large.jpeg
IMG_6602 Large.jpeg

Setup was generally straight forward in terms of installing the UVB bulb to the fixture with the new ends on them, I did have to push harder than I would've like to, to get the ends on the bulb. The clips open up on the opposite from each other so don't go trying to open both clips the same direction when taking the adapters off

I have them configured on top of the enclosure like so

IMG_6610.jpeg

The next step was getting the app setup, it seems pretty straight forward but there is a learning curve with no app instructions built in to the app.
So when in the app there is buttons that you can press and fiddle around with it, but it's not obvious at all that you have to change your schedule to "CUSTOM Schedule" in order to actually set your own schedule OR even edit the existing ones. There is 2 built ones called Lighting Schedule 1 and 2 and I could not figure out how to edit them making me frustrated (because you can't edit them) I went on the website and read the guide and it added that bit about choosing custom schedule, I feel like if you TRY to edit the lighting schedule that's default it should let you know "hey if you want to edit, please choose custom schedule" because the app interacts when you tap the time slots just nothing happens when you try to slide the slider. After getting that set up it seems to just work. You can name the custom schedules which is nice. Fine tuning the percentage isn't too bad, it would be nice if it was "sticky" to the 5's because you'll find yourself being at 49% and trying to move to 50% you end up on 52% (small nitpicks)

I can't find a way to group lights together so you can have the same schedule on 2 lights, BUT you can use the "save schedule" and "apply schedule" buttons for copy and paste.
I cannot find out how to rename the lights either so I can say front and back led bar for example.

Now to how Griffin is taking it, they are DEF brighter than what I was using before, so he seems wary of them and a little stressed, it could've just been me watching him, I'll keep an eye on how he adjusts. He's not squinting like the lights hurt his eyes but you can tell he's like confused of what's going on.

I checked the solarmeter on the branches where he will have access to the UVB light and it's ranging from 2.5 to 4, where the main area is like 3.3-3.4

The LED Bars do give off some ambient heat to be aware of, overall they look awesome and I can't wait to see how the plants grow and how he likes his schedule I have set up!

I've thought about this schedule but not super deep, WOULD love some feedback if you have any, one thing to note I'm turning on the back one first for 15mins then the basking then the T5 and the other bar, it sounded cool in my head
IMG_6615.PNG
IMG_6616.PNG

IMG_6617.PNG
IMG_6618.PNG

IMG_6619.PNG
IMG_6620.PNG

These are just INITIAL impressions and I'm sure I missed something that I will add and I will continue to update this thread with pics and ideas and hope to see what we can all get out of these lights!

Attachments

• IMG_6608 Large 2.jpeg
    IMG_6608 Large 2.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I know that the bottom of my enclosure is sparse and the plants are lacking down there, I'm in the process of updating that area by giving more areas to climb and hide and provide better coverage. With Griffin feeling better he moves around more so the bottom part of the enclosure wasn't used much at all. Drainage is the next task at hand :) I'd love some plant recommendations and placement if you're feeling generous in that dept :)

Here are some pics of my initial setup and also capturing my plant growth when the lights were introduced

IMG_6608 Large 2.jpeg
IMG_6614 Large.jpeg
IMG_6611 Large.jpeg
IMG_6612 Large.jpeg

IMG_6607 Large.jpeg

Griffin is settling in with them and opening his eyes more now, he must've been stressed. With getting used to the app, I'm getting the hang of it. I already moved the UVB to full power by 8am I didnt do the math in my head about how long it was until full power from what he's used to. I'd really like a "preview schedule" option where you can tap through a whole day kinda like a power point OR just a sped up day where the cycle will go through the percentages over a min or two to give an idea of what you're simulating and when!

The build quality on the bars is high and nothing feels cheap or like it will break. I'm still confused on what link I should've bought to get all 3 of my lights linked with one power cable.

Hey Nate - so depending on how you're linking them I'd think you'd be ok with what you have IF you went like this....

power cord to JD, LED to t5 link, T5 fixture, t5 to LED link, JD

Is that how you went about trying to hook up?

And you're welcome on the box tip! :)

Excited to get mine up tonight when I get home!

It’s not the brand Arcadia it’s the manufacturer sylvania. Reptile and research on YouTube talks about it in great detail.

My recommendation is basking lamp then uvb then lux light/LED. We have talked on Facebook about this in messenger. Putting the LED on at first I think would just confuse any reptile on why they see light but not filling heat.

Interesting - wonder why Arcadia would not mention this in any of their instructions or data sheets.

I'm not doubting you but I went ahead and asked this question directly with Arcadia moments ago. I'll let everyone know what I'm told by them.

My recommendation is basking lamp then uvb then lux light/LED. We have talked on Facebook about this in messenger. Putting the LED on at first I think would just confuse any reptile on why they see light but not filling heat.

That's amusing - I'm probably going to be doing the opposite in some ways. My plan is to have the LED and UVB come on and ramp up at the same rates. I don't intend to turn my basking on till 9a.

My reasoning behind this is ambient will be headed upwards in the house from mid60s to lower 70s anyways so let that rise, then turn on the basking bulb for addt'l heat to push his "spot" to the desired setpoint. Then do the reverse.

When you say "we" have talked via FB messenger - who's the we.

Good point!!! I do recall this conversation, I'll be honest I had it backwards in my head haha good catch :) he hasn't experienced any dimming at all yet so no confusion from him haha

It’s not the brand Arcadia it’s the manufacturer sylvania. Reptile and research on YouTube talks about it in great detail.

So none of the individuals in that video have any official capacity with Osram, Sylvania, or Arcadia. Again, not doubting you but I'll wait to hear the official response given by Arcadia.

So none of the individuals in that video have any official capacity with Osram, Sylvania, or Arcadia. Again, not doubting you but I'll wait to hear the official response given by Arcadia.
You can look it up right on Osram/Sylvania web sites and technical data sheets.

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3819.jpeg
    IMG_3819.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 23
So I did find this white paper from NEMA on the subject ( attached ). This is dated 2020.

When new fluorescent lamps are installed in a dimming system, there is the possibility that some of the lamps will exhibit flicker or other visual instabilities. This condition can be caused by residual impurities that may be present in a new lamp as a result of normal manufacturing processes or affected by initial mercury distribution in a new lamp. Operation of the lamps at the ballast’s maximum light output setting should clear up any impurities or allow time for the mercury to distribute, eliminating any visual instability. An extensive study performed byNEMA of fluorescent dimming indicates that seasoning prior to dimming is not required to obtain rated lamp life. NEMA fluorescent lamp manufacturers recommend that whenever flicker or instability is present, or, to reduce possible flicker or instability when new dimming systems are commissioned, lamps should be operated at the ballast’s maximum light output setting overnight (approximately 12 hours).

So, again, I'd like to hear the official response.

Attachments

• NEMA LSD 23-2016 (R2020) WATERMARKED_2024-01-04.pdf
    478 KB · Views: 24
And I would have to wonder exactly how Arcadia intends for people to break new lamps once the original fixture is in operation. Not too many people going to have a spare lumenize fixture just to run a new bulb in for 100 hrs before replacing the one being used by captive animal.

Back
Top Bottom