Arcadia ShadeDweller 22.5" fixture is NOT the same as the 22.5" 6% HO fixtures.

Venutus1

Avid Member
Site Sponsor
I have been told that there has been some confusion by this and I am here to help.

The 22.5" 6% or(12% ) T5 fixturtes are HO, = High Out Put. They bulbs wattage and ballast in the fixture are 24 Watts.

The Shadedweller 2.4% 22.5 inch fixtures are made with a lower wattage ballast and run at a lower wattage / dimmer bulb. (= shade 😉) These fixtures and bulbs are 14 watts,

If you put a 22 inch 24 watt 6% bulb IN the ShadeDweller 22.5" 14 watt fixture, IT WILL NOT LIGHT AND EMITT UVB PROPERLY.😕

For MOST Cham set ups,

you should be using the 6% bulb in the right HO fixture.... and NOT the 14 watt ShadeDweller fixture.

(Unless big cage and/or with heavy screen blocking UVB, then a 12% *may* be OK. One should check with a Solarmeter for sure!)

Hope this helps.

Feel free to call or e/m me at LightYourReptiles if you need any assitance..... so that you can get the correct lighting THE FIRST TIME. 😉😁

Cheers, Todd

I have been told that there has been some confusion by this and I am here to help.

The 22.5" 6% or(12% ) T5 fixturtes are HO, = High Out Put. They bulbs wattage and ballast in the fixture are 24 Watts.

The Shadedweller 2.4% 22.5 inch fixtures are made with a lower wattage ballast and run at a lower wattage / dimmer bulb. (= shade 😉) These fixtures and bulbs are 14 watts,

If you put a 22 inch 24 watt 6% bulb IN the ShadeDweller 22.5" 14 watt fixture, IT WILL NOT LIGHT AND EMITT UVB PROPERLY.😕

For MOST Cham set ups,

you should be using the 6% bulb in the right HO fixture.... and NOT the 14 watt ShadeDweller fixture.

(Unless big cage and/or with heavy screen blocking UVB, then a 12% *may* be OK. One should check with a Solarmeter for sure!)

Hope this helps.

Feel free to call or e/m me at LightYourReptiles if you need any assitance..... so that you can get the correct lighting THE FIRST TIME. 😉😁

Cheers, Todd
Todd, you're the best 👍👏

Back
Top Bottom