Potatoes

Yeah it is absolutely gorgeous here. Redwoods everywhere and they are stunning. But I am not equipped for camping... I would not have a clue how to even start a fire. I could buy everything needed though. I enjoy shopping :hilarious:
There's actually a school here that teaches all that stuff hands-on, the Colorado Mountain Club (because you would not believe how many people get in trouble or need to be rescued in the Rocky Mountains). My husband and I took a 3 month Wilderness Trekking course, a six month Camping and Backpacking course, and a weekend mountain survival course. They teach you literally everything you could ever need to know, from starting a fire, first aid, map and compass, to how to poop in the woods the right way (yes, there is a correct way!) We had so much fun taking these! I wonder if they have anything like that near you?

There's actually a school here that teaches all that stuff hands-on, the Colorado Mountain Club (because you would not belive how many people get in trouble or need to be rescued in the Rocky Mountains). My husband and I took a 3 month Wilderness Trekking course, a six month Camping and Backpacking course, and a weekend mountain survival course. They teach you literally everything you could ever need to know, from starting a fire, first aid, map and compass, to how to poop in the woods the right way (yes, there is a correct way!) We had so much fun taking these! I wonder if they have anything like that near you?
Ok I dunno about pooping in the woods... This may be too much for me :hilarious: Maybe I should be thinking camping where there are bathrooms... RV's kinda camping right? :ROFLMAO:

There's actually a school here that teaches all that stuff hands-on, the Colorado Mountain Club (because you would not believe how many people get in trouble or need to be rescued in the Rocky Mountains). My husband and I took a 3 month Wilderness Trekking course, a six month Camping and Backpacking course, and a weekend mountain survival course. They teach you literally everything you could ever need to know, from starting a fire, first aid, map and compass, to how to poop in the woods the right way (yes, there is a correct way!) We had so much fun taking these! I wonder if they have anything like that near you?

I’m Canada we called that summer when I was a kid :LOL:

I think RVs are glamping, which still sounds fun!
Glamping is the shit! It’s camping done right! We make 3-4 trips a year, all to different state parks. Whole family goes, my camper in the back. D8106260-0AC1-4CE8-906D-CCB578AB6669.jpeg

I almost didnt click in because of the title, because how interesting could a potato thread be, but saw there were like 40 comments and had to see what was going on!

I do the same thing, I always know it's something juicy when I see a lot of replies. Usually a title like "potatoes" would get about 1 response and it'd be from a mod warning the OP for boredom.

Back
Top Bottom