Postal service fail thread!

I would like to note, how many stickers should the seller put on the box? There’s really nothing they can do to stop lazy delivery drivers who don’t actually care about what they’re throwing on your porch.

We typically send orders will stickers all over the box with arrows and stuff. But that doesn’t stop drivers from leaving them in the sun, throwing them, kicking them, etc. When we used to drop off orders at the post office, we’d watch them pick up the boxes that had “Live Animals, Handle with Care”, “This Side UP”, and “Perishable” stickers and literally throw a 3-pointer into the collection cart across the room.
You didn’t mention the carrier, but I would not ship a Cham anywhere in the US right now without FedEx overnight hold for pickup. You avoid a lot of the issues by picking it up yourself.

I personally wouldn’t write off a business in that case...

Chams without stickers are still shipped in the lap of luxury in my opinion. The Shipper does not care if it says live, do not freeze, this end up.

I recently bought am Exoterra Medium Tall from LLL Reptile and they took the time to wrap the box with a layer of corrugated around it top to bottom but not the sides. It arrived in perfect condition and that gave me a nice piece of cardboard to assemble it on. They must have at least one good employee.

Having to work at the Post Office warehouse...DON’T expect exceptional service out of them. Management want package out on time. There is a big shortage of workers and expect employees to process on time with little support. When package are sort by hand, most encourage package to be thrown to it intended destination container. And employees don’t want to stay long hours. So they handle it rough. This is my experience from working at the post office.

Back
Top Bottom