Postal service fail thread!

Wow, you guys have some stories alright! I just started ordering feeders online. First package, most of the bsfl were dead, but roaches were thriving. Next package, they added 10 more insect's than what I paid for, and they arrived alive. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself. But fingers crossed it stays good ?

How do y’all feel about starting a postal service fail thread? I was thinking it might be a little cathartic, and maybe even funny in the “wtf?!” kinda way. Here’s the first postal service fail for today...

I ordered an Exoterra L/XT 5 months ago. It FINALLY came!

Here’s how the first one was delivered...:eek:
View attachment 279627
View attachment 279628
View attachment 279630

That’s a 5” by 3” gash through several panels. Looks like the shipper drop kicked it off the truck.

I contacted the supplier immediately and they shipped a replacement. I was kinda surprised how quickly they were willing to make things right.

AND...Here’s the box the replacement just came in.
View attachment 279629

Sigh. I haven’t opened it yet. Too afraid to check the damage again and it’s the weekend anyway.

...On a positive note, I am impressed with the supplier for replacing the original purchase with minimal hassle, and so quickly.

Let’s see those delivery fail pics!
Box says ideal for use of reptile fountain with some strange 1 horned cham for pic. LOL

I think some advertise items they don't actualy have on hand, but can order. Just waited 4 weeks for a light from LLLReptiles

Alright , Now I am upset. I ordered the Arcadia ProT5 Kit.

I got a "Vivarium Electronics" fixture Not Arcadia (They are pretty much the same), but I got an stupid T8 arcadia 6% bulb. WTF
So now what ? I need a light for my babies.

So this is the second time with LLLReptiles. I never get confirmation. The last order, before the light took so long I ordered the same thing from someone else. Then finally theirs came.

I have talked to them, the sent me to E-mail lol. We will see what happens but at this point I would steer away from LLL unless you are desperate, and have a lot of time. In all fairness I have been to their store in Vegas and the animals were well kept and clean (10 years ago though). It is just their online system.

Alright , Now I am upset. I ordered the Arcadia ProT5 Kit.

I got a "Vivarium Electronics" fixture Not Arcadia (They are pretty much the same), but I got an stupid T8 arcadia 6% bulb. WTF
So now what ? I need a light for my babies.

So this is the second time with LLLReptiles. I never get confirmation. The last order, before the light took so long I ordered the same thing from someone else. Then finally theirs came.

I have talked to them, the sent me to E-mail lol. We will see what happens but at this point I would steer away from LLL unless you are desperate, and have a lot of time. In all fairness I have been to their store in Vegas and the animals were well kept and clean (10 years ago though). It is just their online system.
Guessing they sent a T5 fixture then... Crap. If you had a T8 fixture then you could use the 6% T8 but you would want about 5-6 inches between light and babies.

Guessing they sent a T5 fixture then... Crap. If you had a T8 fixture then you could use the 6% T8 but you would want about 5-6 inches between light and babies.

I know I was looking into it. I would need a reflector for the T8 also. I will likely keep it and use it for hatchlings ( when ever that is.) But I just don't see more than 5 to 7 inches at best.
I ordered an arcadia 6%. I just can't wait they need to be separated soon. The light should be here by the 20th so I can hold on. Still very upset.

I know I was looking into it. I would need a reflector for the T8 also. I will likely keep it and use it for hatchlings ( when ever that is.) But I just don't see more than 5 to 7 inches at best.
I ordered an arcadia 6%. I just can't wait they need to be separated soon. The light should be here by the 20th so I can hold on. Still very upset.
I am sorry hun. I order all my fixtures and bulbs through Pangea reptile. I have never had any issues with quality or shipping with them. They are my preferred company for that stuff.

I got my Feeders order, and I didn't know they had arrived... When I finally brought them back in from the FREEZING cold, I was freaking out because I thought they were dead and I was almost out. Turns out they were just frozen but alive. ? ? ? ?

How do y’all feel about starting a postal service fail thread? I was thinking it might be a little cathartic, and maybe even funny in the “wtf?!” kinda way. Here’s the first postal service fail for today...

View attachment 279627
View attachment 279628
View attachment 279630

That’s a 5” by 3” gash through several panels. Looks like the shipper drop kicked it off the truck.

I contacted the supplier immediately and they shipped a replacement. I was kinda surprised how quickly they were willing to make things right.

View attachment 279629

Sigh. I haven’t opened it yet. Too afraid to check the damage again and it’s the weekend anyway.

...On a positive note, I am impressed with the supplier for replacing the original purchase with minimal hassle, and so quickly.

My FedEx person blocked the door so we couldn’t get out with the box for my terrarium. I had to go through a separate door?
00FE9F0D-BC82-4629-BA5D-70DEAC0107D4.jpeg
95E10E6D-E7EF-4BF1-93A2-15321AEDB0BD.jpeg

View attachment 279627
View attachment 279628
View attachment 279630

View attachment 279629

C25DC8E7-D3BD-4184-B9B4-78BD44A72E76.jpeg

Ok just to be fair, I will give a good review. I went out the other morning to find the Amazon guy lookin around and trying to hide my package where it would not be seen from the street.
I thanked him very much.

My enclosure came missing a panel, broken, and missing a lock. i had to make do and try and make it work rather than be upset with the supplier (since it was shipped across the country). but it was a mess and i was very disappointed. i guess that's what i get for e-bay.

But for those feeling crafty and inventive (and have the capability), the mesh cages are made of window screens and so you can repair them or make them easily, purchasing from a home-improvement store.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM FL CHAMS, their breeds are great and my 4 mo. old is already showing great color but the shipping was appalling. They only stuck a perishable sticker on it and the delivery guy was swinging the package on the way up the sidewalk. they didn't even put 'this side up' or 'fragile' stickers. it was so scary, she was also dark green from being cold and jostled.

i got my chameleon in the morning like they promised, but after minimal communication on what day and what time i should expect it, and i had to email them to ask when my precious reptile would be so i could welcome her. However! she was eating the next day and she has been just fine every since then, so I'd say that was a disgusting way of transporting a living animal as precious as a chameleon (as opposed to like a tarantula or something more heat-independent), but everything did work out so i cant be too angry.

i also spent 30 dollars on a double headed light fixture, sent through the mail. it was off-brand but i gave it the benefit of the doubt. i realize now the error of my judgement. it had no polarized prongs, no holes in the prongs, the prongs bent, the lights only worked on one side for a few hours, and it has only been 2 months on one side and they've completely stopped working altogether. i had to make an emergency run to get a new one today and paid 20 dollars for one head, but it works with my timer and it made her warm again.

looking back, as tempting and sensical the option of going cheap is, it is not worth it. i have had to spend more time trying to come up with cheaper ways to do things than it would be to work some overtime hours and face the fact that name brand really does mean safe and reliable.

looking back, as tempting and sensical the option of going cheap is, it is not worth it. i have had to spend more time trying to come up with cheaper ways to do things than it would be to work some overtime hours and face the fact that name brand really does mean safe and reliable.

This is my worst habit lol. I can't seem to break it. I am always like hay that will be a cheaper or better way. It seldom is. I have fun making it work, unless I really just need it to do its job.
I have definitely spent $100s to save $10s

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM FL CHAMS, their breeds are great and my 4 mo. old is already showing great color but the shipping was appalling. They only stuck a perishable sticker on it and the delivery guy was swinging the package on the way up the sidewalk. they didn't even put 'this side up' or 'fragile' stickers. it was so scary, she was also dark green from being cold and jostled.
I would like to note, how many stickers should the seller put on the box? There’s really nothing they can do to stop lazy delivery drivers who don’t actually care about what they’re throwing on your porch.

We typically send orders will stickers all over the box with arrows and stuff. But that doesn’t stop drivers from leaving them in the sun, throwing them, kicking them, etc. When we used to drop off orders at the post office, we’d watch them pick up the boxes that had “Live Animals, Handle with Care”, “This Side UP”, and “Perishable” stickers and literally throw a 3-pointer into the collection cart across the room.
You didn’t mention the carrier, but I would not ship a Cham anywhere in the US right now without FedEx overnight hold for pickup. You avoid a lot of the issues by picking it up yourself.

I personally wouldn’t write off a business in that case...

Back
Top Bottom