Postal service fail thread!

mujino

Established Member
How do y’all feel about starting a postal service fail thread? I was thinking it might be a little cathartic, and maybe even funny in the “wtf?!” kinda way. Here’s the first postal service fail for today...

I ordered an Exoterra L/XT 5 months ago. It FINALLY came!

Here’s how the first one was delivered...:eek:
5B4CB1E4-C1B0-4D9F-8F92-76B407E30B76.jpeg

9236D301-F355-4BEF-8AC1-ED599F74C7BD.jpeg

90FE8F7E-11C6-46C5-911E-0FCC3EA2C6A4.jpeg

That’s a 5” by 3” gash through several panels. Looks like the shipper drop kicked it off the truck.

I contacted the supplier immediately and they shipped a replacement. I was kinda surprised how quickly they were willing to make things right.

AND...Here’s the box the replacement just came in.
3DB91E12-78A1-4FF9-AA41-A5BA7A08D47E.jpeg

Sigh. I haven’t opened it yet. Too afraid to check the damage again and it’s the weekend anyway.

...On a positive note, I am impressed with the supplier for replacing the original purchase with minimal hassle, and so quickly.

Let’s see those delivery fail pics!

The manufacturers box is way to flimsy for shipment, no matter what carrier is used. The supplier should have covered the box with cardboard and possibly reinforced the edges. No surprise the supplier agreed to replace - they are probably expecting some damage. Many people simply repair what they've received even though the supplier is at fault.

That is ridiculous! I can't believe it took almost half a year to come, plus it was damaged. I like the thread idea! ?

Amazon "used" to sell reptibreeze XL. Too many got maimed in shipping (mine included) that they stopped selling it. And yes they just shipped the box it came in as the shipping box. Might work if they made a "drop ship" box that was just brown yet double layered vs the retail box.

@Beman @MissSkittles @jamest0o0 I feel like if anyone has (or has heard) shipping horror stories, might be you ;)

Over that funky couple of weeks when the new jackass postmaster came in. It took over a week for bugs to reach someone(surprise, most were dead). The post service even tried to return the box to me and said the address wasn't available, meanwhile if you send something and the address works in their system, then the address does exist. Then they left another box I'm guessing somewhere hot in a truck for a very long time because all the bugs were dead again and the ice packs were even warm... a few others were delayed several days, but everything arrived fine. Before that mess I never had a single issue. Last few weeks, things seem to have straightened out with everything going normally again.

@Beman @MissSkittles @jamest0o0 I feel like if anyone has (or has heard) shipping horror stories, might be you ;)
Ehhhh When covid happened is when it went sideways for me getting feeders. I only order mine. I do not breed anything. I ordered from a company that is a 10 hour drive roughly from my house. USPS literally sent my package everywhere in the state over a 2 week period. Worst part was I had ordered, dubia, small crickets, BSFL, hornworms, and silkworms. Dubia were the only ones that arrived like nothing ever happened to them lol. Horns that were left were huge and smelled like death. Silkworms were totally liquefied. Crickets were dead and disgusting. I was an idiot and opened the bsfl in the house and had about 50 fly out. So that was great too, thought the family was going to kick me out.

Finally everything seems now to be moving on schedule and that was the only order that was a major mess. I stopped ordering silks and horns through the rest of the craziness because I did not want to risk it again.

It wasn't covid, it was the postmaster. I shipped all through covid, no issues. Right when everyone had problems was the postmaster switch. No politics, just facts

Oh and I don't intend that to be rude lol, I just want people to know what was responsible for the screw ups. The post office actually did an amazing job going into covid. The new rule changes screwed things up.

I think some advertise items they don't actualy have on hand, but can order. Just waited 4 weeks for a light from LLLReptiles

Those screen cages are packed so horribly. I ordered one earlier this year that arrived much like your second, and thankfully the damage was limited to a dented frame near the top and a couple holes in the back screen from those tabs on the top piece & service door ?

I've had a whole mess of shipping issues this year... The first being a tube of crickets that was lost for a week before showing up in my mailbox, making the entire mail room reek of death. I turned it over and it was just....mush ? The shipper wanted me to mail it back for a refund but I explained that it was better for all parties involved if I didn't do that and I got my refund anyway lol

I had another shipment of 1/4" crickets that one service just decided not to attempt delivery on (but still hit me with that "Recipient not Available" tracking update ?), which happened to be on a Friday with a federal holiday on Monday. I called the local office (when I explained what the shipment was, all the employee had to say was "Ohh...I hope they don't get out") which said they'd turn around and redeliver, but they didn't. So I called back, and they gave me a whole spiel about where the truck was going and that it would be Monday (I was annoyed and didn't even think of that being a holiday) before they would redeliver, and said I couldn't pick it up, either. They blamed me for the debacle when their driver didn't even stop, but "I can't speak for the driver...". I called back to clarify the redelivery date, which would ultimately be Tuesday. I accept that I'll probably be receiving a box of dead bugs, and explain to the shipper what's going on and they promise a replacement if there's any loss. But then at 7:15, just 15 minutes before the hub closes, I get a call saying I can come pick it up right now. I live 15 minutes from it on a good day, so I didn't even bother. I did get them on Tuesday, and shockingly, they were alive and well. I give Josh's a gold star for their bugs, packaging, & customer service ⭐

Unfortunately the same thing happened with two shipments of toads. No attempted delivery but claiming I wasn't home (I'm too anxious not to wake up 3 hours early to stare out the window to meet the driver) Like, you'd think having a box labeled "Live Animals" would give you some moral motivation to actually have it delivered, especially when it's via one of their small "express" vans. Lots of calls to customer service...the first time, the driver did actually turn around and re-deliver. I could forgive an honest mistake and was willing to assume that was the case. Then, the second time...was a nightmare. Lots of back and forth with CS, the shipper, getting redirected to a call center that would only read me scripts, being told they'd redeliver today, but also that they can't.... I had to settle for picking them up the next day. Much to my relief, the little guys were still alive. Again, props to Josh's.

But yeah overall I've lost a lot of faith in the delivery of live things this year. Paying a fee for hold-at-location is so worth not risking animals' lives due to negligence...
Thanks for letting me vent ?

I ordered insect a while back, they got stuck at a location for 4 days. I contacted the retailer to let them know my concerned about my insects being dead and all they did was give me the run around to keep waiting. Well insects came dead and after having to contact the credit card company to get my money back I’m now banned from the company ? ?How was I to know I should be happy with dead insects

USPS has been decent for us so far - excluding the Los Angelos distribution center. We had a whole group of orders shipped at the same time that all got lost for a week. Kinda wonder if they left them in a truck in some parking lot.
FedEx has been much better. Only one or two instances of an extra day in transit.

I think some advertise items they don't actualy have on hand, but can order. Just waited 4 weeks for a light from LLLReptiles
Suspicious...I feel like they should have to note when an item is on back order. Glad you finally got it though.

Last edited:
Wow, I don’t feel so bad anymore. Guess my packages weren’t alone in getting the “special” treatment :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom