possible URI!

My female Xanth is just recently had problems with over supplementation, but I am pretty sure she is past that now! I am seeing signs of upper respitory! Mainly because she is constantly breathing with her mouth open. She has always done this we used to think it was something to do with her being hungry, because she would always eat when we seen her do it. But now she has been staying real close to the basking spot of her cage. I only have a 40 watt standard house bulb positioned angled out her cage around 8 inch's from her highest point. She is eating great still and drinking good her humidity is at 80% her top of highest point in cage is measuring 78 degrees her basking spot is around 80-85. she has live pothos, live umbrella, and heartleaf plants in her cage. I have been reading sometimes when they are basking they will do the open mouth breathing, but she is basking way too much for a xanth! I've checked her mouth when open looks normal no cotton looking stuff or bulging of her eyes she just stays right under the uvb! ill post pictures of her cage and her shortly.

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 96
My female Xanth is just recently had problems with over supplementation, but I am pretty sure she is past that now! I am seeing signs of upper respitory! Mainly because she is constantly breathing with her mouth open. She has always done this we used to think it was something to do with her being hungry, because she would always eat when we seen her do it. But now she has been staying real close to the basking spot of her cage. I only have a 40 watt standard house bulb positioned angled out her cage around 8 inch's from her highest point. She is eating great still and drinking good her humidity is at 80% her top of highest point in cage is measuring 78 degrees her basking spot is around 80-85. she has live pothos, live umbrella, and heartleaf plants in her cage. I have been reading sometimes when they are basking they will do the open mouth breathing, but she is basking way too much for a xanth! I've checked her mouth when open looks normal no cotton looking stuff or bulging of her eyes she just stays right under the uvb! ill post pictures of her cage and her shortly.
Maybe you should take her to the vet to get her checked out, just to be safe...

4 times a day mistking,2 and a half minute spray! humidifer is a warm mist so i only run it when her humidity hits lower than 60 % but it sets at the bottom of her cage and she never gets near it at hot points

Obviously, taking her to the vet is the most prudent thing.

What are the temps lower in the cage?

Are you hearing any noises from her? Something that sounds like a cough or a sneeze?

Back
Top Bottom