Pissed Off Cham

streetillegal66

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 3 sides screen, one side glass. 12"x12"x16"
Lighting - zoomed 12" hood with a 40watt incandescent bulb and a reptisun fluorescent 18” 5.0 UVB tube
Temperature - Day: 75 mid cage, 80 basking spot, 70 floor temp(estimate) . Night 75 mid-cage, 80 basking spot, 70 floor temp
Humidity - use humidity gauge. humidity ranges from 40%-60%, Mist 2-4 times a day for 1 to 3 minutes depending on how she reacts
Plants - 2 types of dracaenas and a live bamboo stalk
Location - cage is on top of a book shelf, bottom of the cage is a 36" from the floor and the top is 52" from the ground.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veilded 2 months old in my care as of 10/8/08
Handling – Handel her about every other day
Feeding – 10-1/4 crickets a day, the most she has eaten in a day is 9 but, she has progressed from 5 a day. Crickets gutloaded with carrot, lime, ground oatmeal with a dash of reptivite.
Supplements -zoo meds reptivite reptile vitamins with D3 2 times a week (I dust all the crickets I give her that day)
Watering - I mist the plants and screens of the cage for 1 to 3 minutes depending on how she reacts. I also leave my dripper on for 4 hours a day (dripping about one drop every 20 seconds)
Fecal Description – Very light yellow and a grayish brown
History - nothing yet
Current Problem – She has started hissing when I spray her cage, is their any reason as to what may trigger this reaction? I moved her cage to my GFs place on sunday and she has been their 3 days and just started doing this today so IDK sugestions?

Changes I am making in the next 2 days:
-Change Supplements to calcium everyday and calcium with D3 and vitimans once a week
-Upgrade my gutload
-Add other prey items to the diet

More then likely, your cham is beginning to mature and become territorial. I would suggest that you come to expect that your chameleon will have an ever growing hatred towards you. It's more then likely. I've heard recently about really calm chams that like to interact with their owner ect. I would count these as the acceptions.

Especially if you have a male veiled, he will more then likely begin dreaming little lizard dreams about orcastrating your untimely death.

Start too view hissing, puffing and lunging as a sign of health. It's a part of chameleon keeping! If these animals didn't get so darned pissed off all the time we'd never see their 'true colors'.

Do some searches on the forums using phrases like "he hates me" and "my chameleon turned on me" and "started hissing".

Back
Top Bottom